Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

HP Sales West Palm Beach Substandard Shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 07:41 PM
Radical05
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HP Sales West Palm Beach Substandard Shop

My less than great HP Sales Adventure:

Keep in mind I have 24 pages of emails, details, pictures and all that tell the real story of bs from HP Sales which I can email to anyone that wants to try a turn in the barrel having them work on your car for your review and you decide.

So let’s go down the road to failure. Simple Heads, Cam, Headers. Ok no issue then something happens. Of course HP Sales wants to say I hydro-locked the engine because I said it was low on oil by 1-1/2 quarts and asked about it. Did all the checks and no issue with any venting of oil from the tank because it was on the top mark on the dipstick (not over). No one knows for sure but what I do know is there was no oil in that engine I looked in the intake after the tick noise.

So I ended up with a tick noise just a month after the install and keep in mind this was a pristine Z06 with 33K miles on it bone stock. We all including HP Sales thought it was a lifter. The owner claims he did all this swapping back and forth of lifters, the cam, and heads all the way to returning it to stock to find the noise. That was his call but after the 2nd turn of lifters he should have known something.

The owner said there may be a head issue and swapped my heads out at his cost and after days of no info I called Trick Flow and even gave him the name, email and number there to discuss with as he said he bought hundreds of Trick Flow heads, but yet Trick Flow has never heard from them. He also never called them to discuss faulty heads or push rod lengths. He would not tell me who he got the heads from either. Too many secrets from this place.

So, I’m told the engine needs pulled and after weeks of bs and poking around I’m told the rod is bent on one cylinder. Asked did they check them all and of course we did and this is the smoking gun he said (the owner of HP Sales). All is put back together but again the timeline and details I’m given are far different from reality as I’m 4 hours away so I cannot just go there daily. Thank god for technology because his I-Phone pic I asked for of the engine that was supposed to be in the car already was actually on a stand and the heads not even bolted on. My boss at work was standing right beside me when he heard the owner tell me the engine was in the car. Of course every time I questioned the owner about it he got mad and my car was held hostage so I had to back off in hopes of getting it back someday as it sat there for this second time 81 days.

When asked about details of engine building (in my 24 page emails) he said well I’m not a machine shop but previously he said he had a machine shop he uses. The other sales person knows nothing or is not allowed to speak so you have to go via the owner (Jeremy) for anything.

So regardless of what he said happened to the car it went there to get repaired, engine pulled, piston replaced etc and when all said and done it was not fixed. He said there was a nasty sewing machine noise like the lifter pushrods needed adjusted or replaced and then went on to say he was trying different sizes for that cylinder. That is bs they all get sized and are the same when all is said and done and I confirmed that with Trick Flow.

So after 81 days in HP Sales shop in West Palm Beach, the car came back and after 3 weeks failed again, same cylinder with the new piston, another one #8, metal in the oil, overall failure. Now if you had the whole engine out, disassembled and all and knew this was the second time one would think you would pay attention to detail and make sure it was 100% but I guess for HP Sales 50% is ok.

I informed the owner of the repeat issue and he said anything you need just let me know. Really, do you think I'm going down this road again with incompetent people to mess with my car?

As I stated anyone that disbelieves my situation of story I will email you the grave details of this case that led to catastrophic failure yet again of this car and all I want was Heads, Cam and Headers. Steer far away From HP Sales is my experience and recommendation. For what it is worth when I went there way back on my 2005 Vette when Roger was there it was top notch and I never had any issues. Now that Roger is out and the new VP/Owner is in charge it is not top notch. Maybe they can do simple exhaust bolt on’s but do not allow them to open up your engine unless you are ready for my experience and no it was not hydro-locked, it was touched by in-experienced mechanics and management that is not capable of managing these detailed repairs.

I'm sure the VP/Owner will want to chime in and give all sorts of bs why I'm at fault to cover up his issues. I have a Dodge Viper, Shelby GT500 x 2 and never ever an issue with them and the previous 2005 Vette HP Sales worked. The difference is the new management and cutting corners. When asked for pictures of my car there one would think I was asking for his first born child. I'm far away and want to know what's going on for my money being spent. All I got is bs and bs.

Last edited by Radical05; 09-03-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 01:01 AM
seamus2154
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

It is amazing that this story is repeated and told by many in south Florida regarding HP sales. You are one of many on a long list of victims of that shop. As you venture to other shops in south Florida you find many with the same story about them. I don't doubt a word you posted.

Last edited by seamus2154; 09-12-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:53 AM
03worthy4link
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

I was just in talks with them on doing heads cam and headers on my car. Told them I would supply everything since I get good deals on parts. They then quoted me $3500 for labor and dyno tuning which I felt was outrageous. Looking like I definitely won't be using them now
Old 09-04-2016, 07:04 AM
Radical05
Drifting

Originally Posted by 03worthy4link
I was just in talks with them on doing heads cam and headers on my car. Told them I would supply everything since I get good deals on parts. They then quoted me $3500 for labor and dyno tuning which I felt was outrageous. Looking like I definitely won't be using them now
Walk away fast and do yourself and your car a favor. It will be the best money you never spent. They will talk a big game, lies, deceiption, excuses and just by asking too many questions or wanting pictures you will irritate them and that is because they are hiding things. The pushrod length thing was very dumb. You don't end up with all different lengths for the cylinders. A cam is a cam same for heads. I doubt they even have the measuring tool and would not call Trick Flow Tech for advise even when I gave them his name, number and email.. Because he was full of bs that is why.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:41 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Man hate to hear and see stuff like this on anyone. Robert
Old 01-08-2017, 06:16 AM
Radical05
Drifting

It even gets better. HP Sales after taking my engine apart so many times evidently number one does not know torque specs or how to use a torque wrench and two installed 2 heli-coils in my rocker arm bolt holes incorrectly and I had no idea they were in there no one informed me. So because they were installed wrong they became loose and here goes the rocker arm noise again. Once I corrected these we were back in business. Stay far far away from HP Sales in South Florida if you value your car. I found out the hard way.to HP Sales.

Lucky Redline Motorsports built me a bad a$$ engine and now zero issues and night and day difference in shops. to Redline

Get notified of new replies

To HP Sales West Palm Beach Substandard Shop

Quick Reply: HP Sales West Palm Beach Substandard Shop