Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My experience with Race Tech Forged

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:55 PM
JayinToronto
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Corvette guys and gals, Jay from the Porsche forums here. Just wanted to give you a heads up about my experience with Race Tech Forged. They still owe me 5K. Reading about the OPs experience with them it sounded very similar to mine. At least in the end he ended up with a set of wheels! I have nothing to show for the 5k I dropped.

http://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo...me-5000-a.html
Old 12-12-2016, 06:21 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by JayinToronto
Hey Corvette guys and gals, Jay from the Porsche forums here. Just wanted to give you a heads up about my experience with Race Tech Forged. They still owe me 5K. Reading about the OPs experience with them it sounded very similar to mine. At least in the end he ended up with a set of wheels! I have nothing to show for the 5k I dropped.

http://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo...me-5000-a.html
This is unfortunate. Both forums should suspend RTF until they fix the situation and pay back what they owe.
Old 12-12-2016, 06:31 PM
gymdoc
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

As much as I hate to say this, my experience is ending up in the same manner....

I wanted to be positive and gave them the benefit of doubt that not every one of their customer interactions will be negative..

Over $7k later in deposits for a set of rims and tires that were promised by October 31st., and now almost a month and half later and random excuses.. still no tires and rims.

Seriously considering cancelling my order through the credit card co. I wish they would get their act together because the rims look good and they could be a successful company.. but this is beyond frustrating..
Old 12-12-2016, 07:32 PM
Race Tech Forged
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Our accounting department is looking into this matter if in fact the credit wasn't issued or applied we will issue the invoice amount back to the client.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:20 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Frankly "Acctg Department looking into this...." after all that has gone on is simply total BS to all of us. Sorry. We wanted you guys to succeed, but at this point at least go away and go BK with some honor.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:52 PM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
Our accounting department is looking into this matter if in fact the credit wasn't issued or applied we will issue the invoice amount back to the client.
Seriously? That should make a lot of people's decisions very easy to make.
Old 12-12-2016, 10:47 PM
ratboyusn
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Unfortunately, like Blue Bomber and a whole bunch more of you, my story is identical. I ordered almost the same time as BB (around mid-Oct '16), and I'm still yet to see any product out the other side.

Numerous emails, PMs phone calls, etc. with no feedback until hounded continuously.

Lots of promises, even delivery dates (I live in San Diego and could easily drive up to their shop), but it's been nothing but excuses (lies are more like it) and empty promises. I've now waited 2 months for my wheels/tires.

I surely thought I was a 'one-off' with my experience, but sadly, I'm just another sucker in line waiting for my stuff. Stay far, far away.

Last edited by ratboyusn; 12-12-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:32 AM
docwyle
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
Yes there was 3 issues all which were resolved.

Raz was away for a period of time and unfortunately there was a total cluster of disasters which accord all in the same time frame as you can see.

When its all said and done all the members received the product which was ordered and once the wheels were installed, inspected and driven on all member are happy with the product.

Again there was an issue with the timing and communications which has been addressed and shouldn't happen again.

TEAM RTF

FYI communication is not fixed. Another lie from them. still requires many emails to them before you get response, but they sure do update the forums and other social media outlets. So someone is working just not the guy replying to your email. I would email them at 2a-3a central time and would get a reply within 30mins-1hour. keep in mind this would happen only when we were talking about placing an order. Once they had my money well that's when I stopped getting quick reply's from them. Now I have to send many emails for a response.

Shipping is still a disaster. My rims where placed on the wrong order. they have finally shipped out to me. That's what I was told. We will see once they come.

I really hope posting this does not come to bite me in the *** if something is wrong w my wheels. but the ppl need to know.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:45 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

This is the second of 2 complaint threads by the same OP that were apparently moved to this section. Members get one of such threads. The other was resolved and closed and now only other people are posting here.

If there are members with a transaction they would like to report that does not have a thread in Transactions Feedback already, please feel free to start one here.

Quick Reply: My experience with Race Tech Forged