Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Pilkington Classic Glass - disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 02:37 PM
arubajohn
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I picked up my rear glass today. Glass looks great but i didn't even think to verify the date. I guess I will go check on that now!!
Old 11-11-2016, 03:13 PM
arubajohn
Intermediate

I am very confused.I just went and verified that my glass was made with the correct date code BUT there appears to be an issue. On my original rear glass you can read the "Soft Ray" from OUTSIDE the car left to right. The replacement rear glass and windshield reads left to right from INSIDE the car. Did they logo this glass backwards?? Photos of original glass would be helpful.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:54 PM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

From the research I have done most of the rear glass was readable from OUTSIDE the car. I've checked a few cars, mainly 66s at Bloomington Gold this year.

NCRS Judging Guide does not specify either way for the back glass.

The 66 NCRS Judging Guide says that the windshield is read correctly from INSIDE the car, but side and vent glass can be either way.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:27 PM
arubajohn
Intermediate

Oh Well I guess my rear window won't be going in on Monday. I just spoke with Pilkington and they will be re-making the rear glass with the logo to read from left to right from outside the car as that is how my original glass is. And so we wait another 3 weeks or more.

Last edited by arubajohn; 11-11-2016 at 04:28 PM.