Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Do not purchase from Weapon X Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 06:29 PM
eastxlin
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Do not purchase from Weapon X Motorsports

Admins, if this is not the right section for this thread, please feel free to relocate it.

Last week I called in to Weapon X Motorsports to check availability of a Tow Hook in preparation of a track day for November 19th. The rep that answered my call assured that the item was in stock and ready to ship. I even specifically asked for him to make sure that it was available before taking my money. The rep checked and took my payment. End of the week, I noticed there wasn't a tracking number sent to me yet. I called back and no one was available to verify my package was ready to be shipped. They promised to call me back but no one did because they most likely didn't have an answer to why my item hasn't been shipped. Or maybe, they were too busy filming their "Mannequin challenge".

Today, I called and spoke with a rep named Steve asking why my package has not been shipped and their excuse was someone made a mistake. They called me back after investigating and offered a 10% discount and an UPCHARGE of $15.00 to expedite the shipping for their mistakes.

Of course uncomfortable with this arrangement, I made it very clear that I will be addressing my experience online. If they can ship it expedited and I will leave a positive feedback to their willingness to take accountability. If they refunded me then I will make sure this experience is addressed.

It wasn't the $15.00 dollar amount that bothered me, it was the principle of taking accountability of your customer's transactions. If you don't have the item in stock, call the customer and address the mistake EARLY. I told them the ball is in their court, positive or negative its up to them.

They called me back and told me they refunded my money and since I was willing to leave a negative feedback they rather not do business with me. I believe I did everything on my end to protect myself. I am not vindictive or going out of my way to ruin someone's business. I believe in what is right and how Weapon X Motorsports treated my transaction was not right. If anyone else has had a bad experience with Weapon X Motorsports, please feel free to chime in.

"Z06 Tow Hook refund - customer threatened to slander business. We do not tolerate this kind of behavior. Delivery date when placing order is not guaranteed and depends upon supplier's stock."

I am sure there are positive transactions but unfortunately mine was not one of them. Anyway, review is done. Time to find another source for a tow hook. Anyone know where i can get one by Friday?
Old 11-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them with excellent results and great customer service.

And yeah, there's a forum for this kind of rant and C7 Gen ain't it.
Old 11-14-2016, 06:39 PM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I've always had great experiences with them. Bought front splitter and side skirts in one purchase. A couple months later purchased a rear diffuser. I even had install issues and worked directly with them on the how's and what's.

I'll admit they went above and beyond on my transactions. Believe me when dealing with me when I think something is wrong on their end isn't a treat. They persevered and walked me through it and never a "I told you so" when it was my mistake in the end.

Ben and team are awesome, I'd definitely buy from them again.

Obviously I can't speak to your incident, but I hope you find what you're looking for in the end. I was able to get a tow hook from ZL1 Addons (forum vendor).
Old 11-14-2016, 07:07 PM
HPT
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts

Pretty shitty when you realize companies must deal with people like this all the time.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I appreciate your heads up that you were going to attempt to defame my business. I'm wasting my family's time writing this while on vacation no less, but someone like yourself needs addressed immediately. It's comical with you trying to paint a picture of calm, collectiveness too because I had two different employees call me while on my family trip and said you were rude, threatening, and being a complete jerk. You were already told these were not in stock and we only had the full front and rear kits, so we were waiting on the mfgr. It has been THREE business days!

The decision to cancel your order and refund you was made today after you called and threatened to leave negative feedback. I do not tolerate threats from self entitled individuals like yourself. I would warn all vendors and members alike to steer clear of this clown.

That is all I will be saying on the subject as I do not care to lower myself to your level. Happy hunting on that tow hook!

Last edited by Ben@WeaponX; 11-14-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:19 PM
eastxlin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
I appreciate your heads up that you were going to attempt to defame my business. I'm wasting my family's time writing this while on vacation no less, but someone like yourself needs addressed immediately. You were already told these were not in stock and we only had the full front and rear kits, so we were waiting on the mfgr. It has been THREE business days!

The decision to cancel your order and refund you was made today after you called and threatened to leave negative feedback. I do not tolerate threats from self entitled individuals like yourself. I would warn all vendors and members alike to steer clear of this clown.

That is all I will be saying on the subject as I do not care to lower myself to your level. Happy hunting on that tow hook!
you should try training your employees to address your customers better for putting food on your plate. I had my own ecommerce business and my customer's satisfaction is #1.

your employees promised one thing multiple times and did not deliver. they lied by saying it was in stock and obviously it isn't.

i apologize for ruining your vacation, maybe you don't deserve one if there are problems arising at work.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:31 PM
eastxlin
Advanced

i just want a week of my time back that was taken from me.
Old 11-14-2016, 07:38 PM
ta70raiii
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 114 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran

Old 11-14-2016, 07:41 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

I've never ordered from this vendor and based on his response probably never will . He should probably realize that he wouldn't be on vacation at all if it weren't for his customers. If your employees promise something is in stock when it isn't the OP has every right to be upset and even nasty while speaking to the same people who lied to him in the first place. Would you be nice to someone who lies to make a sale Ben? I think not! I have no skin in this game but from all I've read above It seems as if the customers complaint is more than adequate and should have been handled in a more professional manner.

Last edited by brooklync5; 11-14-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:11 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by eastxlin
i apologize for ruining your vacation, maybe you don't deserve one if there are problems arising at work.
There you go Dong, despite trying to act like a saint on here, your true ignorant comments shine through. Your mouth is exactly why I canceled this.

Originally Posted by brooklync5
I've never ordered from this vendor and based on his response probably never will . He should probably realize that he wouldn't be on vacation at all if it weren't for his customers. If your employees promise something is in stock when it isn't the OP has every right to be upset and even nasty while speaking to the same people who lied to him in the first place. Would you be nice to someone who lies to make a sale Ben? I think not! I have no skin in this game but from all I've read above It seems as if the customers complaint is more than adequate and should have been handled in a more professional manner.
I have thousands of transactions without any negative feedback on here. My customers are already in here reporting their experiences, yet you only seem to have Monday morning quarterbacked the OP's exaggeration. Would you tolerate someone talking down to your colleague or employee if you have them? I took that order myself last week, so I know what was said then. My employees are amazing and they even tried to remedy the situation today till I caught wind of this and canceled that transaction myself after hearing how belligerent he was.

I appreciate ALL of our loyal customers, HOWEVER, I also appreciate my employees and I will not tolerate anyone talking down to them. If you cannot respect that, then you're right, we probably never will do business. It never ceases to amaze me the logic that the customer can say and do whatever they want in an open forum, yet the vendor shouldn't be allowed to address it. The customer was unhappy about the lead time, we tried to address it and even discount the kit, he threatened this nonsense, was canceled and refunded, he followed through with this, and I will not sit idly by while he cries and lies on here trying to damage my business.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 PM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 122 Posts

I've had great luck with WeaponX. I ordered a ported throttle body for my C7 but was shipped one for a Camaro. I called them and explained the situation and after taking a quick pic and emailing Ben, they immediately shipped out the right one and paid to have the wrong one shipped back. Sure it set me back a few days but who cares. Mistakes get made and it's not worth getting your panties in a bunch.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:35 PM
eastxlin
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
There you go Dong, despite trying to act like a saint on here, your true ignorant comments shine through. Your mouth is exactly why I canceled this.

I have thousands of transactions without any negative feedback on here. My customers are already in here reporting their experiences, yet you only seem to have Monday morning quarterbacked the OP's exaggeration. Would you tolerate someone talking down to your colleague or employee if you have them? I took that order myself last week, so I know what was said then. My employees are amazing and they even tried to remedy the situation today till I caught wind of this and canceled that transaction myself after hearing how belligerent he was.

I appreciate ALL of our loyal customers, HOWEVER, I also appreciate my employees and I will not tolerate anyone talking down to them. If you cannot respect that, then you're right, we probably never will do business. It never ceases to amaze me the logic that the customer can say and do whatever they want in an open forum, yet the vendor shouldn't be allowed to address it. The customer was unhappy about the lead time, we tried to address it and even discount the kit, he threatened this nonsense, was canceled and refunded, he followed through with this, and I will not sit idly by while he cries and lies on here trying to damage my business.
your thousands of transactions does not justify a bad transaction. i dont know what your employees exaggerated to you but not once did i speak down to them. i've learned from my fair share of unpleasant experiences that that is not the way to resolve any issues. I merely presented the options i was given by your staff members. take accountability of your misleading actions and receive a positive review or the opposite. it's quite simple.

i'm also baffled at the fact that as a leader of your company, you are willing to attack a customer publicy. if you're so high and almighty, you would just brush this off and move on, but instead you're taking the time out of your "vacation" to bash, name call people online. In addition, giving out CUSTOMER INFORMATION on public forums. how does that make any sense?

So listen Ben, every post you have made thus far on this matter has only embarrassed you. I have nothing to lose. I am just a member sharing my experiences. True or not, it doesn't affect anything for me. You on the other hand, have a business to protect and you have only made yourself vulnerable. good job genius
Old 11-14-2016, 09:42 PM
Z06 1of38
Drifting

Received 677 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by HPT
Pretty shitty when you realize companies must deal with people like this all the time.
No doubt. Better call the Wambulance!
Old 11-14-2016, 10:24 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 206 Posts

No offense op, but you sound like you are wrong here. Number one you sound like you are super entitled. As you stated the vendor tried to mend things by offering a discount but you are being difficult...and lets just say for argument sake, the vendor made a mistake and told you it was in stock when it wasnt. At this point what exactly do you want? They cant magically make it appear and they offered you a compensation. You threatened them with negative feedback, i would be pissed too.
Old 11-14-2016, 10:51 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by eastxlin
i'm also baffled at the fact that as a leader of your company, you are willing to attack a customer publicy.
I'm baffled that you're baffled he's defending his company AFTER YOU ATTACKED HIS COMPANY FIRST. You even admitted that you used a bad online review as a threat to get what you wanted.

There are cases where the customer is not always right. This is one of those cases.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:38 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Per Transaction feedback rules, the OP has had his say as has the vendor. All we are getting now are comments from unrelated third parties and people suggesting moderation.

The thread will be closed per TF rules.

Get notified of new replies

To Do not purchase from Weapon X Motorsports

Quick Reply: Do not purchase from Weapon X Motorsports