Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Wheels/tires purchased, not as described

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 11:46 PM
withoutavette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sales@Edgyvette
He doesnt have to tell you who the seller is. I will. It was me and I dont know what game is going on here with PM text but I will tell you two things. First the buyer got all the pics of the wheels and tires that I posted in the for sale ad AND he got pics before I shipped them. Secondly I paid the $92 extra in shipping for these after he negotiated a lower price.

You must be confusing me with one of the other potential buyers. I did not negotiate a price. I simply asked for a shipping quote to my Zip. you replied "How do you want them shipoed? Fedex is 212. I will pay all shipping over 150"
Seems like the negotiating was done by you.

Attached are the pictures he got. Yes I did only do a tread depth measurement on one of the rear tires. It is clear the rear tires are USED and I will admit that I measured one and took for granted that the other was likely the same depth as they came off the same customer car with the same number of miles. The fronts were like new but I also sent tread depth on those

During one of todays emails, you specifically told me you had measured both tires at the center.

Another MAJOR issue here is that all those silver dents WERE NOT on those wheels when they shipped. The seller did not notify me of any damage to the wheels or I could have done a FEDEX damage claim as each package was insured for $400.

I am not worried about the small rash spots. I figured thats the way they were sent. Its hard to see little things like that in picture. Once inspected in person, small nicks like that are obvious

I first offered that he could return these to me EVEN though I felt I provided HQ pictures showing the exact condition of the tires BEFORE he agreed to purchase. I had a line of people that wanted this set and a few more who were willing to pay almost 1k for the 18x8 fronts only.

All that said I still tried to work with him today and rather than inform me about his issues he asked repeatedly "please offer advice on how to proceed" so I offered return or $100 refund. No return negotiation, no conversation, just take it straight to the forum and post this under the guise of "not trying to bash the seller"

Cmon man

I stopped replying to your emails because I honestly didn't know how to proceed. You offered I pay the return shipping, which I felt was unfair. You also offered a $100 refund, which i also thought was unfair. Hence, me coming on here for advice from other fellow forum members.
Originally Posted by pkincy
In the picture you looked at prior to the sale above showing one tread indentation at 4/32nds you can clearly see that the tire is at its 2/32nds or less on the wear bar on the tread indentation behind the one being measured. So that means it was at 2/32nds or less when it was offered to you. Now not everyone knows the wear bars are 2/32nds but both of you should have noticed that. Take a look at the wear bar an inch above the sellers thumb. There is no tread above the wear bar. So it is 2/32nds or less.

It appears that you both missed the one rear tire condition before the sale was negotiated.
I did notice that, and i clearly brought that up to him via PM.
This was his response.

Agreed, hence my willingness to negotiate with the buyer, but rather than counteroffer he sees fit to take it to open forum. That STILL does not solve the issue of wheels that are now dented and were NOT dented when shipped.
Again, the small dents are the least of my worries at the moment.
Old 11-23-2016, 11:49 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Tell ya what email me at Sales@BERLSX.com and lets try to work out something that is agreeable to both parties LIKE you should have done when we were emailing four hours ago
Old 11-23-2016, 11:51 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Sure sounds like the two of you are close and can work it out without any additional help.

Life is too short to worry over a dollar to two even if you had a 00 after that.

Be well and Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:39 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jotay21
I am a bit confused here. If you intentionally missled him on the tread of the tire, why would you not on the condition of the wheels? Doesn't add up.
Yes you are a bit confused. i did not intentionally mislead him. i measured one tire and assumed that the other was the same as they were from the same customer car with the same mileage. The buyer received detailed pics when he paid and again they day they were shipped
Old 11-24-2016, 08:43 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 9t9ws6ta
NO, NO NO!
I'll say this is not a Couple of dollars, it's $650 if you take the guy that just posted 2 rears for example, you can't ask him to sell you one!
As the commercial says, you can't drive with 3 tires!
You enter the negotiation in good faith for 4 tires and wheels in good condition for the amount of $1650and you fulfilled your end of the bargain, he on the other hand never had such intentions as the facts shows, he figures possession is 9 tenths of the law, why should you now have to start all over with the extra expense and effort to find 1 used tire and then lightly sand and touch up the wheels, the TOTAL burden should be on him, period.
I would try the PP angle and nothing else, this guy has ***** to offer you $100 or refund you your money if you pay for the return shipping, why is it on you when HE LIED!
Happy Thanks Giving!
You got some *****. its called an OFFER. those wheels were not damaged like that and the pre shipping pictures show that. Good advice on the paypal. Guess who pays return shipping on a paypal claim. Not to mention I would have to accept damaged wheels in return

The buyer and I are emailing back and forth to figure this out. Thanks for your indispensible input

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 11-24-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:58 PM
2 seats
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Everyone bashing on the vendor is not right. A picture is worth a thousand words.. you can clearly see the condition of the tires in the photos and if for some reason the purchaser could not..then ask for more photos. It's very easy to send tons of photos. The buyer has to be responsible for verifying condition in the photos. Just my 2 cents....
Old 11-24-2016, 01:07 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2 seats
Everyone bashing on the vendor is not right. A picture is worth a thousand words.. you can clearly see the condition of the tires in the photos and if for some reason the purchaser could not..then ask for more photos. It's very easy to send tons of photos. The buyer has to be responsible for verifying condition in the photos. Just my 2 cents....

Issue settled. Eli ended up wanted $200 instead of the $100 I originally offered. Unfortunately this thread was begun rather than a counter offer which i would have immediately accepted and refunded. Refund was done today immediately upon his acceptance of offer
Old 11-24-2016, 09:05 PM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jotay21
What was he supposed to do with a $100 offer or ship back at his expense? You did not advertise the tires near correct. You sent wheels that were damaged, none of which did you disclose. I would have, and now do, zero confidence in doing business with you. You could have offered to pay for return shipping, which is the right thing to do since you sold something under false pretenses. I mean, really. He gave you the opportunity to do the right thing and you offered a $100 discount. That is ridiculous.
You really have no idea what the real deal is do you. i would have done whatever the buyer needed but after him repeatedly asking "please advise how you would like to proceed" I threw out that he could return them or I would send him $100. it was a starting point and had he come back with another number then we would have worked from there.

The buyer did not EVER tell me the wheels were damaged in transit until I saw it on this thread. I paid for insurance as we always do and the customer will get whatever fedex pays also.

Do a little research on my reputation over the last 13 years on this forum rookie. The tread depth assumption was my fault and I accept responsibility and made it right according to the customer. Just too bad he jumped into a thread instead of telling me what he wanted

Last edited by Cajun @ Edgyvette; 11-24-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:44 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Issue settled. Eli ended up wanted $200 instead of the $100 I originally offered. Unfortunately this thread was begun rather than a counter offer which i would have immediately accepted and refunded. Refund was done today immediately upon his acceptance of offer
Vendor has responded and it appears the issue is settled. Other than that, all we are getting here are comments from third parties not involved in the transaction. Therefore, the thread will be closed per Transaction Feedback rules.

If the OP or the vendor have relevant information to add, they can contact a section mod and we can add them to the thread.