Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Ecklers and Corvette Central rubbed me wrong

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Priya
Le Mans Master

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by zwede
I had a bad experience with CC years ago and still won't do business with them, so I feel your pain. In my case they couldn't tell me what they had in stock but promised "it should be in stock". A week later half the stuff showed back order. I called to add a $2 part since nothing had shipped yet and was told my order couldn't be changed and I had to place a new order and pay $15 S&H on my $2 part. Haven't done business with them since.
I had a similar experience with Corvette Central. Ordered some interior trim and a couple of rivets for the A pillar weatherstriping. The interior trim was backordered so instead of waiting to send the rivets with the interior trim they stuffed them in a box about 1 foot by 1 foot by six inches, tossed a useless paper catalogue in with it and shipped the rivets by themselves and it cost me somewhere around $40 for a couple of teeny rivets that could have fit in a regular envelope for $1 or have been sent with the interior trim. I haven't done business with them since either.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:04 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by lvmyvt76
wait until you order a steering control valve, and the one they send you is USED!!! in a filthy box, and they won't believe you on the phone as to what happened.
Sounds like they shipped you a "core return", rather than a rebuilt unit. That sucks, especially when it's THEIR mistake, and they think that you're trying to pull one over on them.

I used to work for Advance Auto Parts, on a part-time basis, for several years. We had problems like that, with brake calipers, which are rebuilt/resold.

In our case, we had a couple of employees who used to "help out" their buddies, when they needed a brake caliper, or two. The "buddies" would bring in their used calipers, and the employee would just do a "swap-out", simply putting the old caliper in the box, while handing their buddy a rebuilt caliper, no paperwork involved.

Then either myself, or one of the other delivery drivers, would unknowingly grab the box with the "junk" caliper, deliver it to one of the shops that bought parts from us, they'd open the box, see the junk part, and say, "Hey, WTF"???
Old 12-08-2016, 03:51 PM
Primoz
Burning Brakes

Received 263 Likes on 128 Posts
2017 C3 of Year Finalist

Willcox for me is the best. Kills it every time! Friendly and helpfull to the max. Ecklers is good because their shipping to Europe is cheaper than anybody elses. Zip is also very good, especially the prices. Didn't use Corvette America yet or anyone else.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:09 PM
Jartanyon
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Primož Krajcar
Willcox for me is the best. Kills it every time! Friendly and helpfull to the max...
Old 12-08-2016, 07:26 PM
7t9l82
Le Mans Master

Received 576 Likes on 459 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I live about 28 miles from ecklers and I order from willcox.I used to drive down in a ford van from Northern Virginia and buy parts from Ralph Eckler and never had an issue, always treated well. this new circus is more interested in ford falcons these days. definitely willcox . ecklers told me that no one made an overflow canister for a 79 corvette, willcox had one on the shelf. a week later a friend went to ecklers and bought the same canister, for 20 bucks more. typical.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:55 PM
kansas123
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 279 Posts

Default Sorry, I had very good experience with Ecklers

I ordered a left rear caliper brake line and received it, was perfect. Then a month later, ordered the right because what I was doing was becoming more involved. The day after I ordered it, I realized I needed another part (shock mount), their website advised that if you needed/wanted to change your order, to call them. I called, got right in, and explained I would like to save on shipping and would they please add this shock mount to my order. She said they couldn't do that, but she offered me free shipping on the shock mount. Made my day, so everything worked out well.

BTW, because CC offered free shipping at the end of November, I order about $180 worth of parts from them (for all this added work I am doing), and received all but 3 items in the initial shipment. Satisfied with the parts and holding out hope of receiving the 3 remaining soon.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:17 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I've used corvette central once everything went smooth for me order arrived as stated but it was a windshield wiper cover for a 76. I usually go with Wilcox if i can wait on part if not I go to my local corvette shop.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:15 AM
dar322
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I've found some of the vendors dont show if a part is out of stock until your ready to submit the order. New dates sometimes come and go and your still waiting. Only thing to do is call and cancel.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:54 PM
7t9l82
Le Mans Master

Received 576 Likes on 459 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Another vendor that went beyond for me was VBP, I ordered springs and bills tien shocks, the said the shocks were on backorder but should be to them in a couple days.I was in a time crunch to get them.on tuesday the week before I had to have them in my hand they called and said bills tien had extended their backorder but offered me an upgrade to QA1 shocks at the same price. the problem was they didn't have them in stock but QA1 was ready to ship them directly to me. two hours later I got a call From QA1 ,expecting bad news they verified the shipping information. the they transferred me to an engineer that asked detailed questions about springs driving style and several other things ,and said he would set them up for my car and said I'm sure you will be happy. I've had Konig and bills tens on other cars but I'm a real fan of QA1 and a bigger fan of VBP. every company can screw up and even sometimes it's their fault in my case it wasnt, But that's not the only time VBP came through for me
Old 12-17-2016, 02:04 AM
jimbo8125
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

for me Willcox has been fantastic
Old 12-17-2016, 10:45 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Ecklers did me right today

I find all the catalogs stores, can't carry everything they sell, some items you need to wait. I find them all fair when it comes to customer service, remember the person you are talking is employee, and it doesn't pay to yell, scream at them.
Today I called Ecklers and saw item, that was below free shipping that have going right now, but the sales rep, gave it to me with free shipping.
I couldn't be happier, with there service.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:14 PM
0Willcox Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 1,813 Likes on 1,458 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Thanks for the props guys. You all are too kind..

But as we all pass this time of giving we must also realize that in all fairness to all vendors, we all make mistakes! How you handle those mistakes might be what separates the cream from the crop.

Again.... in all fairness to all vendors.... Sometimes we don't handle things perfectly and when issues arise and we may be prone to a goof.

So..... be kind when you can (if possible) and just remember this... at the other end of that email/phone call is a human that really does care.

Lets all be thankful to those things we all take for granite. Life, liberty and freedom and the happiness that comes with this Holiday Season.. Lets also keep John Z in our thoughts and prayers..

Happy Holidays to all, and Merry Christmas..

Ernie

Last edited by Willcox Corvette; 12-19-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Ecklers and Corvette Central rubbed me wrong