Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

WHY??? Would anyone order from NCM??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:34 PM
MikeWyatt
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Default WHY??? Would anyone order from NCM??

UPDATE: A nice lady from NCM called, and tried all she could do to help me with my issue- exchange, etc. She gave a return goods postage label, so at least the return shipping won't cost me any more. The label was e-mailed right away.

This is all she could do - it's just a lesson learned about ALL shopping online for clothing items.

Original post:

We ordered TWO jackets from the National Corvette Museum Store-- one for myself and one for my wife. Both were ordered in sizes that are our "normal".

BOTH were too small, and now have to be sent back. There was NO notation that "these items run small - order the next size larger than your normal" or anything like that. Their apparel stuff is (usually) made in Asia, maybe they fit the Chinese, but not us.

Sure they will issue a credit, BUT- shipping here: $ 15.79. Shipping back- who knows, but I would bet on another $ 15 or so. So- $30 + wasted on $ 114.30 of items that don't fit. I guess my memory IS failing me. This happened the last time, too. Never again.

I'll order coasters and trinkets, but NO 'sized" products.

OK- what stores have a good selection of Corvette apparel??

Last edited by MikeWyatt; 12-17-2016 at 06:33 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:44 PM
JemsB
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ncm

Originally Posted by MikeWyatt
We ordered TWO jackets from the National Corvette Museum Store-- one for myself and one for my wife. Both were ordered in sizes that are our "normal".

BOTH were too small, and now have to be sent back. There was NO notation that "these items run small - order the next size larger than your normal" or anything like that. Their apparel stuff is (usually) made in Asia, maybe they fit the Chinese, but not us.

Sure they will issue a credit, BUT- shipping here: $ 15.79. Shipping back- who knows, but I would bet on another $ 15 or so. So- $30 + wasted on $ 114.30 of items that don't fit. I guess my memory IS failing me. This happened the last time, too. Never again.

I'll order coasters and trinkets, but NO 'sized" products.

OK- what stores have a good selection of Corvette apparel??
Sorry to hear about your NCM experience; we've bought shirts and light jackets from them with no problems, and their staff are all super helpful. However, you might want to try Chevy directly at http://www.chevymall.com/ for some good stuff. I bought a hoodie from them that is good quality. Cheers, Jim
Old 12-14-2016, 02:53 PM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

All my clothing but one have been correct size, they fixed that one upon issue of RMA number, the turnaround took place in a week! Very pleased!
Old 12-14-2016, 02:55 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

no issues !!
Old 12-14-2016, 02:59 PM
TooMch
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With all the offshore clothing products, I try not to buy without first trying on. I go to the Museum regularly so it is easy for me, but I get Corvette apparel from Corvette events I go to where I can see the merchandies.

If I do buy online, I allow for making a return because things are not made the way they used to be. Unfortunately the world has changed.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:03 PM
srs244
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

sorry you had the problems that you had. i haven't had the same experience with the museum and i usually order at least a couple of "sized" items during the course of any year. there is nothing more frustrating than having to do a return, but i'm sure you will find the museum staff to be helpful and courteous and make it as painless as possible for you.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:50 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,505 Likes on 3,590 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

No issues with them, try to support them when I can, always learned long time ago when buying clothes over the internet, one size bigger works for me.

Get notified of new replies

To WHY??? Would anyone order from NCM??

Quick Reply: WHY??? Would anyone order from NCM??