Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Yet another bad experience for me from Ecklers

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 06:41 PM
John Hughes
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yet another bad experience for me from Ecklers

Well, Im looking to vent, so I apologize in advance, and feel free to remove this if its unwanted.

Anyway, I ordered weatherstripping from Ecklers awhile back and they drug me around for 2 months even though their site said it was instock. So, I cancelled the order and ordered from someone else and said I would do my best not to order anything else from them. Well, that brings me to today. On the 16th I decided to take advantage of one of their sales because Ive been wanting an L88 hood for my car for awhile and supposedly they offer one of the best. I had called before and they had never had one in stock, so I wasnt going to make that mistake again. Well, they told me they had two instock and they could get it out by Monday morning. Well, 3 days and 4 phone calls later I finally get an email telling me it would ship out on the 22nd...which was 4 days later than they told me...but eh...its the holidays and Im in a good mood. Well, I never get an update on whether it shipped or not so I decided to give them a call just now...and low and behold...they do not have any hoods in stock, and have 8 on order. They are not expecting them in until Jan. 26th. I cant tell you how upsetting this is after all of these phone calls and them assuring me my order would ship.

Im going to let the order ride for now...but I can assure that this is the very last time I will even attempt to deal with them. If they dont ship it I will just live without it I guess.

Im sorry, I just wanted to vent and sadly share my 2nd bad experience in that many orders. Good luck to anyone trying to use them.
Here is a pic of my car done this evening with my new wheels put on today. Gotta end on a happy note at least.

Last edited by John Hughes; 12-26-2016 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:04 PM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 582 Likes on 504 Posts

Nice looking car! Sorry to hear of the poor service, have you looked at the ACI website, they probably make the one for ecklers anyway.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:18 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by '75
Nice looking car! Sorry to hear of the poor service, have you looked at the ACI website, they probably make the one for ecklers anyway.

I believe Ecklers fiberglass (the thing that put them on the map so to speak) is built by Stinger Fiberglass in Titusville, FL
Old 12-26-2016, 07:20 PM
John Hughes
Heel & Toe

Yes I did. I actually called them before I made the order. They basically had the same delay, but they told me that before I placed the order...so when I called Ecklers and they said they had two instock and it was going to cost me about 140.00 less because of a 20% sale they were having...I figured I would give it one more shot. So, if it ships when they say it will for now at least...then its basically a wash on the time frame. If it doesnt Im just going to move on. I can easily find other things to spend that money on...and as it stands, Im just really disgusted.

Thanks for the kind words on the car. It was a project that I bought and was able to have my dad and sons help get ready in short order for a big cruise we have here where I live. I will never forget those times and it now has a special place.

Last edited by John Hughes; 12-26-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:21 PM
John Hughes
Heel & Toe

Redvetracr, it does say in the email its suppose to ship out from there...so you could very well be right.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:26 PM
'75
Le Mans Master

Received 582 Likes on 504 Posts

Redvetracr is right, I see it in the ecklers add now. I just got a used daytona hood for mine, anyone know how to tell who made it?
Old 12-26-2016, 08:46 PM
paulrichy
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

no kidding, really not happy to hear this about them. I just ordered some stuff from them,next day air, that I need for my dyno run that was scheduled weeks ago.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:56 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,499 Likes on 3,586 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Love those wheels, really make your car stand out, and the shine looks beautiful.
If you are like me, I hate to wait for something I order and tell me in stock to later find out it's back-ordered.
Have good holiday!!

[/QUOTE]
Old 12-27-2016, 11:09 AM
John Hughes
Heel & Toe

Thanks 1bdvet. Ive always been a big fan of torque thrusts. While I would love to have tried something different...I just went safe and got some good ole classics.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:29 AM
John Hughes
Heel & Toe

Just to update this for one final time. I got an email today telling me that now (even though its just 2 days later) my hood has been pushed back another month to Feb. 22nd. So, I went from having 2 instock on a Friday morning and shipping the following Mon, the 19th of Dec...only to have it pushed back 2 months later. What makes it even kind of comical is when I called them to swiftly cancel my order, the guy who looks it up tells me, Hey...we have one in stock. HAHAHA...they are so lost. After digging he found the issue but UGH!!!...just really rediculous.

Hopefully my bad time helps someone else, and well, maybe someone will get their hood a little quicker now that mine has been cancelled.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:42 PM
jimvette999
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

Eckler's used to build all their own glass parts and they used to be good....back in the 80's & 90's...they've been bought and sold a couple of times by big names and service quality has plummeted IMO.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:39 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Originally Posted by John Hughes
Just to update this for one final time. I got an email today telling me that now (even though its just 2 days later) my hood has been pushed back another month to Feb. 22nd. So, I went from having 2 instock on a Friday morning and shipping the following Mon, the 19th of Dec...only to have it pushed back 2 months later. What makes it even kind of comical is when I called them to swiftly cancel my order, the guy who looks it up tells me, Hey...we have one in stock. HAHAHA...they are so lost. After digging he found the issue but UGH!!!...just really rediculous.

Hopefully my bad time helps someone else, and well, maybe someone will get their hood a little quicker now that mine has been cancelled.

Get notified of new replies

To Yet another bad experience for me from Ecklers

Quick Reply: Yet another bad experience for me from Ecklers