Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Not too happy with C7 Carbon

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 08:46 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Not too happy with C7 Carbon

I purchased side skirts and front splitter a while back and very nice products. Hit a curb and tore up the passenger skirt so I called and asked if they would sell me one side skirt and IF IT WAS IN STOCK. They said yes and charged my credit card that day, said it would ship out the following week. Well my car has been parked in the garage, can't drive it until I remove the damaged spitter and replace it and when I call they just tell me, soon, soon. Its going on three weeks and just got a tracking number telling me I should get it next month, around the 4th. I understand, the holidays and other issues, but for what I paid for one splitter I could have bought a new set from somewhere else and got them ASAP for just a little more money. OK I'm done, just letting off steam.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:54 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

There is a law that you cannot get charged until it starts shipping.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:04 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Received 16,668 Likes on 8,311 Posts

There is no "law" stipulating when a card can be charged, but you can contact your credit card company and protest any charge until you receive what you paid for in perfect condition. After contacting the vendor and verifying what you've told them, the credit card company will remove the charge from your account until the "dispute" is resolved.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:10 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

^^^^ So when i ordered my carbon fiber diffuser from a vendor and asked them where it is after 4 weeks they said it has to be made and they only put a pending charge on my card and will charge it when it ships, they told me they cannot charge until it ships? so that must be their law right?

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 01-01-2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: No need to re-quote the previous post, especially if you're the next person posting.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:15 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

No, not a law, just company policy. Most established and larger businesses will not charge a card until it has shipped the merchandise.

It is a banking regulation that you do not have to pay a credit card charge if you have not received what you paid for, but it is still "legal" for a credit card to be charged as soon as an order is placed.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:18 AM
SCorvette08
Pro

Received 103 Likes on 51 Posts

I am a Merchant and distributor there is no law, but some merchants run the card to see if money is there and commits the buyer to the purchase BUT that said if your in business and you sell car parts then by damm you should have them stocked , and if not then be honest with your customer alot of these internet stores are bedroom apartment stores and hiding behind a fancy website, Brick and mortar distributors are the real deal buyer beware
Old 12-28-2016, 09:24 AM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...never-received
Disputing a Credit Card Billing Error
Many credit card issuers have policies against sellers charging a credit card account before shipment. If you think a seller charged your account too soon, report it to the credit card issuer. Otherwise, the issuer has no way to know the seller isn’t following its policies.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:43 AM
Foosh
Team Owner

Right, but it's premature to report it until the bill arrives, and you don't have what you paid for. You can call your card company before you receive the bill, but they will instruct you to call back if you haven't received it by the date payment is due.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:53 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

I'm not concerned about my card being charged. I'm upset because I can't drive my car and that I was told the part was in stock and would ship out within a few days. Like I said, I could have bought a new set and had a extra side skirt for a little more than what I paid for just one skirt from another vender, but sense I bought them originally from C7 Carbon, I thought they would take care of me and get me the skirt quickly. Purchased on the 10th, it's now the 28th and not expected to get it until the 4th of Jan. That's well over 3 weeks which is unexceptionable for a part that was already made and in stock! So they said!
Old 12-28-2016, 09:57 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Hey, you're doin the right thing. If you're displeased with the service of a company, refuse to patronize them and let other people know of your dissatisfaction.

Stories like this is what help people like me pick a vendor when it comes to buying expensive accessories.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:20 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by joemosfet
Hey, you're doin the right thing. If you're displeased with the service of a company, refuse to patronize them and let other people know of your dissatisfaction.

Stories like this is what help people like me pick a vendor when it comes to buying expensive accessories.
Very happy with their products, high quality and very polite customer service. I think whomever I ordered this from just wanted to make a sale and was not up front and honest about an in stock item. If they told me it was not in stock and would take several weeks to get it to me, I would have taken my business elsewhere. For me the time frame was more important than the cost I did not mind paying a little more to get it faster, but instead, I not only paid more but stuck waiting on something I paid for weeks ago.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:28 AM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by SCorvette08
I am a Merchant and distributor there is no law, but some merchants run the card to see if money is there and commits the buyer to the purchase BUT that said if your in business and you sell car parts then by damm you should have them stocked , and if not then be honest with your customer alot of these internet stores are bedroom apartment stores and hiding behind a fancy website, Brick and mortar distributors are the real deal buyer beware
exactly, I've been saying that for 17 years here, I call them back alley shops.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:31 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Originally Posted by iridelow
I'm not concerned about my card being charged. I'm upset because I can't drive my car and that I was told the part was in stock and would ship out within a few days. Like I said, I could have bought a new set and had a extra side skirt for a little more than what I paid for just one skirt from another vender, but sense I bought them originally from C7 Carbon, I thought they would take care of me and get me the skirt quickly. Purchased on the 10th, it's now the 28th and not expected to get it until the 4th of Jan. That's well over 3 weeks which is unexceptionable for a part that was already made and in stock! So they said!
Why can't you drive the car? Take off the broken parts, it will look odd but what's stopping you from driving it?
Old 12-28-2016, 12:26 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
Why can't you drive the car? Take off the broken parts, it will look odd but what's stopping you from driving it?
Don't want to crawl under the car to remove the old one until I have the new one to replace it, plus it will look stupid with one side on and one side off. I only drive my car for fun, on nice days to enjoy it, and I have little free time to mess with it until it's done right!
Old 12-28-2016, 12:31 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I purchased side skirts and front splitter a while back and very nice products. Hit a curb and tore up the passenger skirt so I called and asked if they would sell me one side skirt and IF IT WAS IN STOCK. They said yes and charged my credit card that day, said it would ship out the following week. Well my car has been parked in the garage, can't drive it until I remove the damaged spitter and replace it and when I call they just tell me, soon, soon. Its going on three weeks and just got a tracking number telling me I should get it next month, around the 4th. I understand, the holidays and other issues, but for what I paid for one splitter I could have bought a new set from somewhere else and got them ASAP for just a little more money. OK I'm done, just letting off steam.
Any longer, I'm not so sure about the underlined portion above. If you're buying stock or optional GM-made stuff, maybe someone like Gene has it. But from the aftermarket, some/many/most may or may not have it in stock, no matter what they tell you at time of purchase. Just sayin' that's the way it is sometimes.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:35 PM
Foosh
Team Owner

Don't want to crawl under the car to remove the old one until I have the new one to replace it, plus it will look stupid with one side on and one side off. I only drive my car for fun, on nice days to enjoy it, and I have little free time to mess with it until it's done right!
I don't know . . . perhaps it will help you come to your senses and realize how much better the car looks without skirts. Plus, you can save a little money.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:49 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Remember, you need to subtract the Christmas Holiday's in your calculations. I'm not trying to minimize your problem, but to be fair you may want to take that into consideration.

Get notified of new replies

To Not too happy with C7 Carbon

Old 12-28-2016, 02:58 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

And yet, people keep buying from these guys.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:25 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Remember, you need to subtract the Christmas Holiday's in your calculations. I'm not trying to minimize your problem, but to be fair you may want to take that into consideration.
Don't make promises you can't keep. The vender should say what he can do not say what I want to here. Seems like they just wanted the money and would deal with the "sorry" we runnunig behind, at a later time. And for those that belive the C7 looks better without the side skirts......Thank you, the more stock vettes out there just makes mine look better and stand out!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:55 PM
C7 Carbon
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 313 Likes on 192 Posts

Thank you for your purchase and we deeply apologize for the delay on your order.
Just wanted to point out that we did have this item in stock at our factory at the time the order was placed and advised it will ship within 5 business days. Unfortunately we had a delay with the shipping trip and took another 5 business days to ship [shipped on Dec 23rd]
Regardless, it did ship later than expected and we like to apologize again for any inconvenience.

Let us know how we can help.