Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Maryland Speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 07:03 AM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Maryland Speed

Just a heads up, bought Kook's 1 7/8 Ceramic coated LT's and a off road X set up from them in 2014. Received it in a very timely fashion, under two weeks if I recall correctly.

My second order from them, after a cam install I decided to order a catted X pipe because my significant other complained about the exhaust smell at lights

I just needed the catted X. Not a "special" order. I just don't believe Kook's makes every single C5 catted X "one at a time" like the disclaimer on MS website claims.

I just bring this up because I ordered this X over a month ago today. My card was charged Dec 14th and I paid it off today. Still not a single update on a delivery date. MS has great prices on Kook's headers but I just don't care to get charged for a non "specialty" product over a month + ahead with no shipping date in sight. Check before placing a order on line.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:29 AM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

The problem is the half an X-pipe part. You ordered the catted front half and we don't stock this..or order it for stock..it is special order. We sell whole X-pipes normally. We sell one of the partial ones every two years...and normally that is only because someone ordered it by mistake. Also with the holidays things got slowed up some. We have had several emails..no one has ignored you. That said, it is plain a when it comes in, it comes in kinda thing. After all that, I do think this should be shipping with our shipment coming in Monday. I am sorry for the delay. After this, we are gonna remove these from the site so it does not happen again.

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 01-15-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:47 AM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
The problem is the half an X-pipe part. You ordered the catted front half and we don't stock this..or order it for stock..it is special order. We sell whole X-pipes normally. We sell one of the partial ones every two years...and normally that is only because someone ordered it by mistake. Also with the holidays things got slowed up some. We have had several emails..no one has ignored you. That said, it is plain a when it comes in, it comes in kinda thing. After all that, I do think this should be shipping with our shipment coming in Monday. I am sorry for the delay. After this, we are gonna remove these from the site so it does not happen again.

I never said I was ignored.

I agree if it causes confusion they should be removed.

I can still drive the car obviously so its not a real "problem". My main point is the catted X pipes logically will have to be produced because of emissions regulations in some states so at some point they are going to be produced unless the whole line is discontinued right ?

I have spent money with many vendors that didn't charge my card until the product ships and I'm just a little uncomfortable with being at the minimum charged 5 weeks ahead of the product shipping.

This post is mainly about although your prices are excellent on Kook's products some people might be in more of a hurry and for people that don't pay off their credit card off in full each month they are paying interest on parts they might not have received yet. I should have called first. That's on me.

That is all.

Hope it ships out soon and thank you.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Z.youngg85@gmail.com
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been waiting on my Catted X pipe for my C5 Z06 for almost 2 months now. I was recommended through this forum and now it has turned into a huge hassle. I was told 1-3 weeks when I ordered and now its been 6+ weeks. I bought the pipe to pass a state inspection to register my car since i currently have the Kooks offroad X pipe. Now the order has taken so long my temporary tags expired and I cant even drive the car until this part comes in and gets installed. never in my right mind did i think an x pipe would take a 60 day period to ship to me.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:26 AM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Well now 2 people have ordered the same part "that hardly ever gets ordered by itself" according to my conversation with Brandon just two days ago. This has all the " signs".
Old 01-22-2017, 09:07 AM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

I have been "around" the modding the late model car scene for awhile. Have been through Thunder Racing and others go down for various reasons. Some self inflicted some not.

But my guess is that MS owes Kook's money. And all that have paid up front are funding the back amount owed.

I think Brandon coming in here and setting it straight would be a win/win !
Old 01-22-2017, 09:58 AM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 355 Likes on 220 Posts

I don't understand why you guys wait so long for your parts. If it's not delivered exactly when it's supposed to then cancel the order and find another vendor even if it costs you a few dollars more. With enough cancellations it won't take long for the vendors to get the picture.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:33 PM
Z.youngg85@gmail.com
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Branden contacted me today to update me and get everything straightened out. He told me me let everyone know to call him directly if you have an issue at 443-730-9428.

He seemed straight forward enough on the phone so now just hoping to get my X pipe this week. Crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly and it will be the correct part i ordered and the quality/fitment I expect from Kooks.

Get notified of new replies

To Maryland Speed

Quick Reply: Maryland Speed