Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Long Island Corvette Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 09:22 PM
dkleather
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 261 Posts
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

I've dealt with LICS for twenty some years and have most always been pleased with their parts and service. They have always been willing to make things right if needed. Don't count on any extra friendly chit chat with them but business will get done and parts are shipped fast. .

Last edited by dkleather; 01-17-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:32 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

I ordered some parts a few years ago from LIC over the phone and they didn't repeat the part number that I gave them and sent the wrong part. When you call Paragon, they repeat the part number and description to verify that is the part you want. I could only wish LIC would do the same. If you use LIC, repeat the part number and part description to avoid any order problems.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:54 PM
csysman
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry you had a bad experience with LIC ... I've used them exclusively for more years then I choose to remember ... yes sometimes they were a little less then warm and fuzzy ,but they are dependable and have quality mid year parts and to me that is after all the ultimate goal .. so ive learned to pull my big boy pants up and deal with it on the occasional misunderstanding . (Your car will love u for it and so will the tech working on it )
Old 01-17-2017, 10:09 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by csysman
Sorry you had a bad experience with LIC ... I've used them exclusively for more years then I choose to remember ... yes sometimes they were a little less then warm and fuzzy ,but they are dependable and have quality mid year parts and to me that is after all the ultimate goal .. so ive learned to pull my big boy pants up and deal with it on the occasional misunderstanding . (Your car will love u for it and so will the tech working on it )
I live 45 minutes from Paragon which I have found to be my go to supplier for most parts.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:51 PM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Default LICS much better than Crane Corvette

Hello

I order a lot of parts from them over the years. They are a required taste. But, when I order something from them by phone I have all the part numbers ready. I found them much much easier to deal with then Crane Corvette. I bought and returned a console through Ebay. I didn't like it so I decided to return the part put the request through Ebay I kid you not within less then 5 minutes of requesting return of console I get a phone call from mister personality himself. This jerk blew up on the phone cussing and swearing (I had never even talked to him before in my life) at me when I told him I didn't want his precious 1963 Console part that he is EXTREMELY proud of. This nice man told me he was going to charge 30 percent stocking fee and I had to return the part on my own dime. If I returned his part.

I contested with ebay not only did I get all my money back. I didn't have to pay for shipping. I wouldn't buy a part from him if he was the LAST Corvette vendor on the planet. He has some emotional issues or he just plain crazy.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:58 PM
KC John
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 95 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

LCIS sounds like the soup ****, "No soup for you"!
Old 01-18-2017, 01:25 AM
My addiction
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I've never used LIC but I have been on there site with thoughts of ordering parts and having them shipped to me when I was on holidays in Florida. There website clearly states that they do not ship to 3rd party addresses and with all the fraudulent/stolen cards out there I get it! It also states that they will ship to a 3rd party address if you fill out a form. There policy is clearly stated regardless of there personalities! Simply put! Follow the rules and you'll be fine! Don't want to follow the rules buy elsewhere and don't defame them because of it!
Old 01-18-2017, 01:26 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

they are a holes because they can, quit buying and business suffers and they learn to be friendly or go under, I say good we hobby/restoration people don't need them....SHOP ELSEWHERE where your business valued. I have bought but when original owner alive, quit when current unfriendly people took over. the choice is yours
Old 01-18-2017, 07:02 AM
ILBMF
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts

I deal with a$$holes in my business every day. Since it's their dime it's my duty to be decent and appreciative no matter what the problem may be. Tact is a powerful thing
Old 01-18-2017, 07:58 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I have driven over to Eckler's more times than I care to count and stood at the counter and seen the sales clerks talking to walk in customers and on the phone with call-in customers. Eckler's has a small army of reps that can deal with the customers that want to bullsh!t, ask questions, price compare over the phone, verbally catalog browse.
They do tri-5s, Camaros, El Caminos, etc.

LICS is a small outfit with small staff to reduce costs; when you call them have your mess together and it'll be fine. If you want to discuss the weather or don't know what you want - these are not the folks to have Corvette phone sex with...
Old 01-18-2017, 08:14 AM
mike coletta
Safety Car

Received 1,067 Likes on 513 Posts

I've been buying from LICS for a long time. Never had a problem. If you don't know what you're doing, or exactly what you need, or a technical question answered, then you better buy from someone else. You can make an order online at LICS. It's very simple, you'll know if they have it in stock, and it will be shipped promptly. They only sell the good stuff, and you'll get a discount if you order more than $750. They really are a premier seller.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:29 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

Originally Posted by ry57pont
Sounds like a great guy compared to "dr rebuild "
Dr. Rebuild is another one that gets some peoples' panties in a twist - he has his own attitudes about some issues - but some of the best rubber parts in the business....the late midyear rubber 'gap flap' over the top of the radiator on A/C cars he sells is the only one properly formed; his OOSOEZ pictorial schematics are the best there is and tested on real cars. You want all the rubber plumbing for the C1 washer systems ? He's the guy.

After my judging last January he sent me a hand-written, personal note with an order I received discussing judging. (What other vendor does that?)

If you are going to get your feelings hurt because somebody didn't stroke you or make you feel special because you own a Corvette LICS and the Dr are not the people to look to for rainbows and pink unicorns
Old 01-18-2017, 08:54 AM
90sundevil
Melting Slicks

Received 745 Likes on 379 Posts

I have ordered parts from them for a few years and never have had a problem.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:56 AM
fpcopo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I have bought from them for years. They are very professional. As a rule their parts are really good except for sometimes minor inaccuracies such as incorrect plating and a few other small things. The main downfall is as a rule they are all very curt and impersonal on the phone with zero personal skills. I have found that most east coast people are friendly so it could be they are very busy or have so much business they don't need to be nice. Either way it's not exactly the best way to deal with the public, but evidently it works for them. I have found them accommodating with respect to returning parts.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:55 PM
00fxd
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

It's too bad to hear that LIC could not help the OP due to their policies, but that is a product of our times I suppose. Shame, I suppose they've been burned. I use them exclusively due to some odd sense of loyalty I have because they deal exclusively with Mid Years so for some reason I feel that I owe them my business. I learned early that there is not much for small talk there, too bad for them, I like chit chatting in my day to day, seeing how others in different localities are doing. Recently I moved so my address had changed, when I went to place an order I had to jump through some hoops but I was pleasantly surprised when Kim seemed a bit empathetic and walked me through the process. I was a disappointed tho recently when a fellow who I had not spoken to before was unnecessarily rude, I won't take too much of that before I move on.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:37 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk63Vette
Hello

I order a lot of parts from them over the years. They are a required taste. But, when I order something from them by phone I have all the part numbers ready. I found them much much easier to deal with then Crane Corvette. I bought and returned a console through Ebay. I didn't like it so I decided to return the part put the request through Ebay I kid you not within less then 5 minutes of requesting return of console I get a phone call from mister personality himself. This jerk blew up on the phone cussing and swearing (I had never even talked to him before in my life) at me when I told him I didn't want his precious 1963 Console part that he is EXTREMELY proud of. This nice man told me he was going to charge 30 percent stocking fee and I had to return the part on my own dime. If I returned his part.

I contested with ebay not only did I get all my money back. I didn't have to pay for shipping. I wouldn't buy a part from him if he was the LAST Corvette vendor on the planet. He has some emotional issues or he just plain crazy.

they don`t call him crazy David for nothing...

Quick Reply: Long Island Corvette Parts?