Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

No more Corvette Central orders for me.

Old 01-23-2017, 04:06 PM
outrunm
Le Mans Master

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default No more Corvette Central orders for me.

I ordered a main AC compressor hose back in December of 2015. I Installed it in the spring of 2016, and drove the car less than 10 times when I noticed the air was blowing lukewarm just before Christmas. I got under the hood this weekend and was disappointed to find that the hose failed. (pinhole in the aluminum just downstream of the compressor connection) Called CC to see what the warranty was and was told that the warranty is 1 year. Period. I already ordered a replacement from a competitor.

Some may feel that I am being entitled by expecting them to work with me a little, but I am choosing to spend future money elsewhere as a matter of principle. Ironically, I am in the middle of putting a shopping list together for my '63 vert that needs a ton of attention.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by outrunm
I ordered a main AC compressor hose back in December of 2015. I Installed it in the spring of 2016, and drove the car less than 10 times when I noticed the air was blowing lukewarm just before Christmas. I got under the hood this weekend and was disappointed to find that the hose failed. (pinhole in the aluminum just downstream of the compressor connection) Called CC to see what the warranty was and was told that the warranty is 1 year. Period. I already ordered a replacement from a competitor.

Some may feel that I am being entitled by expecting them to work with me a little, but I am choosing to spend future money elsewhere as a matter of principle. Ironically, I am in the middle of putting a shopping list together for my '63 vert that needs a ton of attention.

I bet they all come from the same factory in China
Old 01-24-2017, 01:01 PM
hicswa
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by redvetracr
I think your right. One manufacturer many vendors selling the same part.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:40 PM
outrunm
Le Mans Master

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by redvetracr

I'm reasonably certain they do. The poor customer service and refusal to stand behind the product is my reason for choosing to spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

Get notified of new replies

To No more Corvette Central orders for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No more Corvette Central orders for me.