Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Poor FS item description from "ZedO6"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Dan_the_C5_Man
Le Mans Master

Received 444 Likes on 326 Posts

Default Poor FS item description from "ZedO6"

"ZedO6" posted an item in the C6 For Sale section a few days ago (that thread was subsequently deleted about 5 mins after I replied to it, by the moderators, as "ZedO6" had apparently violated CF selling rules, but this is besides the point).

The item was for a "used only 2 times AiM SOLO" lap timing unit.

I traded several emails with "ZedO6" (I was concerned about the thread magically disappearing, and his account was temporarily shut down), and in the emails he described how the unit had only been used for two track days by his Son.

I reinforced my point that "I only want to buy if it is in like-new condition", stating concerns about battery life of the device (if it was older or used many times, the battery life would be diminished), especially in light of the fact that his discount was only about $60 from new. If it was in any condition less than described, I would just buy new instead.

I received the unit a few days later, and upon review, it is clear this unit is quite old (build date of 2012), had some sort of old sticker applied and removed on the back, there was dust in the crevasses of the unit, the CD was missing (not a deal breaker), etc. To me, this was not the "like new, used only two times" device I was expecting.

Did it power on? Yes. Do I feel the seller was misleading in his description? Yes.

Last edited by Dan_the_C5_Man; 01-25-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:46 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Just hate guys like this in here. I tell you unless someone has been in here are a good amount of time plus have sold more than just one are two items I just buy new.

See what kind of guy the seller really is and tell him due to the dated on this unit you would like your money back. Robert
Old 02-06-2017, 11:35 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

He won't be selling any more parts like that.

Get notified of new replies

To Poor FS item description from "ZedO6"

Quick Reply: Poor FS item description from "ZedO6"