Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

So what should I do here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 03:53 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

I was leaving this thread in C3 General while it was still a "what should I do" thread without names, but now that it's evolved into the direct dispute between the participants, I'll move it to Transactions Feedback.

Comments from disinterested parties not involved in the transaction are not necessary.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:00 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Jebbysan
He pays shipping.....send them back...return his $125 and move on.......
I almost bought these for my truck....but had some Moroso's laying around.......and the very reason I considered them is that I bought the damn intake off the same engine from you and it was perfect!

I think whoever it is, is overreacting a bit.......if they were $300 covers...yeah I would say something....I buy a lot of $100 parts and sometimes they have anomalies or are not exactly what I wanted as it was explained by the seller but too much trouble for me to dick with for $125. Scuffed or not....the covers are worth that.

Jebby

These valve covers were in the same condition as the intake. I will put them back in the for sale section or E Bay. These covers are over $200 new. Thanks Jebby.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:04 PM
540 vette
Race Director

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by karol
This was the way they were shipped. Layer of paper between the valve covers. As you can see in the OP's pictures there are protrusions in the valve cover that scratched the out side of the other as they were stacked. If they were sent prestine as advertised then it happened in the shipping.

The way they are being shipped back. Double layers of towels wrapped around each valve cover with bubble wrap in between and large bubble wrap to fill any voids in the box.

No one is trying to cheat anybody.

Maybe you should have shown the packing balloons I had in there also. I just didn't have the paper in there. The valve cover fit tight in the box that he is reusing.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:09 PM
BKarol
Melting Slicks

Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

As you can see by the pictures the covers are being shipped back in a way that it is impossible to sustain further damage. They are being sent back in the condition they arrived. Hopefully you will return the $125 as suggested by most here. I have no clue how the scratches got on there but you have insurance and you must make the claim.

You said they were new. I found a thread you started about the install of the BB and you can see the covers are on the block hooked up to the chain on the engine lift.

The 4th pic shows the engine installed with the covers. There is a good possibility that since you posted that you bought it in 10/16 hanging around the garage or hoisting it or installing it, grease or goo or whatever got on them. The nicks? no clue but not done here.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ds-a-home.html

I'm done, you will get them soon at my expense.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:39 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Both sides have had their say, so according to TF rules the thread will be closed.

If there's a significant development to post, either of the people involved in the transaction can contact me and I'll post it.

Quick Reply: So what should I do here.