Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Rear valance repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

What state did that part come out of?
Old 02-28-2017, 01:43 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Okay, i know more than i am letting on,
NO, i didnt sell this broken part to tony but the part was offered to me before listed on here,
I was show the back side pic of it and told it was a very nice part,
When i asked how much? It was listed on here where tony bought it,
Tony gets his part not as described,
But at the same time tony is getting the bs run around on a refund i am being offered the part, the impression i got the seller was thinking since i do not live too far from tony he actually wanted me to go buy the busted part so he didnt have to fool with it or give a refund, i realize i am known as cheap but why try to pass the thing off on me when its already been called out as busted up?
just pay the refund and move on.

Last edited by The13Bats; 02-28-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:50 PM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Guys the seller has had two weeks to fix this and nothing but sob stories etc, etc..... I have saved text messages from him with one sorry *** excuse after another!!
If this is any indication of the stuff he tries to pass of as good!!
It makes you wonder if he half assed the two cars he has for sale on here like this??
The seller of this piece garbage is Wes 530Planeman or as I call him 530Conman now !!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 02:15 PM
chazde3
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Wow, pretty shady to not disclose damage like that. It could be repaired by those of use that mess with fiberglass, but should have been advertised as such. Funny thing is that I actually talked to him about needing reverse lights right before he posted that for sale and he said he didn't have any. Hope he does the right thing.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:09 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

The seller should come across with the money and shipment at his expense or he should be booted off this Forum. We don't need shady characters like this here!!!
Old 02-28-2017, 04:53 PM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 855 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
The seller should come across with the money and shipment at his expense or he should be booted off this Forum. We don't need shady characters like this here!!!
Totally agree! Somehow I have a feeling we may not be hearing much from him anymore. Sorry you got hosed on this one! Inexcusable in my book.

Bill
Old 02-28-2017, 07:15 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,324 Likes on 2,773 Posts

Now that the thread/ report of this transaction has been moved to the Transaction Feedback section, let's please keep the statements civil and factual and related to the transaction without the namecalling. We can also do without further commentary from parties not involved as well, thanks.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:23 PM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,278 Likes on 3,915 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

I've got a replacement panel I can sell you. I'll get pics tomorrow. I think it was mocked up but never used. One backup light bracket was poorly bonded at the factory but is repairable
Old 03-01-2017, 05:55 AM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

Originally Posted by Rescue Rogers
I've got a replacement panel I can sell you. I'll get pics tomorrow. I think it was mocked up but never used. One backup light bracket was poorly bonded at the factory but is repairable
Old 03-01-2017, 06:30 AM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I just returned from Florida where I attended the Daytona 500 as well as other races and attended the Carlisle Winterfest event. I did meet up with Tony and Roger during my visit (thanks again for lunch Tony, great barbecue) and Tony showed me this part while I was visiting with him. Broken completely through as described and unfortunately packaged in a single wrap of corrugated only with no protection to prevent further damage. As a professional packaging engineer I would not have expected the part to travel safely as it was packaged.

The moderators will do a good job handling this situation and I have worked with them in the past to resolve such issues. I trust they will help get this ship righted and back on course soon.

Tony, if I can help located anything for you let me know, be glad to help. If anyone wants to know how to pack something up safely let me know that too, be glad to offer some suggestions. Tony was kind to suggest I do pack up my stuff pretty well, good to hear.

I hope this gets resolved soon and you get to focus on the fun parts of this hobby again soon Tony.

Best regards,

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Old 03-01-2017, 08:20 AM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me
I just returned from Florida where I attended the Daytona 500 as well as other races and attended the Carlisle Winterfest event. I did meet up with Tony and Roger during my visit (thanks again for lunch Tony, great barbecue) and Tony showed me this part while I was visiting with him. Broken completely through as described and unfortunately packaged in a single wrap of corrugated only with no protection to prevent further damage. As a professional packaging engineer I would not have expected the part to travel safely as it was packaged.

The moderators will do a good job handling this situation and I have worked with them in the past to resolve such issues. I trust they will help get this ship righted and back on course soon.

Tony, if I can help located anything for you let me know, be glad to help. If anyone wants to know how to pack something up safely let me know that too, be glad to offer some suggestions. Tony was kind to suggest I do pack up my stuff pretty well, good to hear.

I hope this gets resolved soon and you get to focus on the fun parts of this hobby again soon Tony.

Best regards,

David Howard
AllVettes4Me
Thanks David its like I told you last week when you or Avalon John ship something to me I do not even open the packages to inspect what you guys sent me. I just put it on my shelf until I am ready to use it!! I trust you guys enough to know what you sent me is in the package and it's well packaged and properly protected from damage during shipping!!
I remember last year sometime I bought a part from John it arrived at my house. I took it and put it the shelf !!! He calls me up a week later and he wanted to know what I thought of the parts he sent me?? I told him I did not even bother to open the box and look at what he sent because I know I got what I paid for never had an issue with him on anything always well protected and packed properly just like you do David!!!

Last edited by AJC 69 BB; 03-01-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:57 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Keeping the thread on topic, I gave the seller an opportunity here to give his side of the story per the rules of the Transaction Feedback section. It does not appear pending, but if he wants me to add a post please contact me.

As there are no more posts being made relative to the actual transaction, the thread will be closed per forum rules. Even though it's closed, it will remain available in this section to be read by any member.

If a refund is not completed or is received or another resolution is arrived at I will post that information here when contacted by either the buyer or the seller.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:28 PM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

Here it is a week later still no refund !! Says he sending it but PP is holding him up ??? Refunds thru PP are easy!! Will keep all posted on whether a voluntary refund arrives or from PP when it's issued via PP dispute resolution
Old 03-12-2017, 08:32 AM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

Well I got a refund of purchase price via PP thru dispute resolution!! Not from the seller !! Nothing but excuses from the seller on refund!!! He made no effort at all to correct this!!
Old 03-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,278 Likes on 3,915 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-shipping.html

Its a rear exhaust delete though
Old 03-12-2017, 06:29 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Originally Posted by AJC 69 BB
Well I got a refund of purchase price via PP thru dispute resolution!! Not from the seller !! Nothing but excuses from the seller on refund!!! He made no effort at all to correct this!!
Apparently the seller has refused to make the refund, so this thread will again be closed. If something changes, please let me know by PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:04 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

I have decided to temporarily re-open this thread, as there is another transaction being reported regarding the same seller. This will allow him another chance to responnd to both issues.

Get notified of new replies

To Rear valance repair

Old 03-22-2017, 08:46 PM
530planeman
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
I have decided to temporarily re-open this thread, as there is another transaction being reported regarding the same seller. This will allow him another chance to responnd to both issues.
The buyer was fully refunded and now after cussing an swearing and him calling me names like a 10 year old he refuses to send part back unless I pay him to repackage it in my box and charge me to drive the box to the post office while I did all this for him including free shipping
there is no reason for this behavior and he was fully aware of condition of part to start with
I drove to the Florida show to give him a refund and he left before I arrived so he demanded I drive across the state to refund him
You can ask Dr L88 about this he saw this guys language and name calling
i am the one out the part and shipping
Wes
Old 03-22-2017, 09:39 PM
AJC 69 BB
Pro

I told you you wasted my time and flat out tried your best to screw me !! I have every text from you from the beginning of this fiasco. Your simple crack as you stated in the text was actually a complete break all the way! The so called Epoxy you used is Gorilla Glue. If you had been honest from the get go and said hey it's cracked I can't sell you this in this condition. You waited 3 or 4 days to tell me about the valance crack after I paid you for it. The only reason you even mentioned it was because of the text I sent asking for tracking info. You replied back to me that you found a small crack and you were going to repair the crack and send it out in a few days.. Had you told me it was cracked all the way through and that the reverse light assembly's were rusted through from the get go!! I would have told you just send me my money back and sell it too the next person. You would not be looking like the conman that you are now!!Proving that your are full of it! My time is worth money I am not wasting my time with you or spending my money shipping it back to you on my dime. If I didn't win the PP dispute you would not even come on here posting this! The only reason you are posting now is because you are stuck up Sh-ts creek with out a paddle!! How does it feel. I have told you pretty bluntly the only way you will get that part back is if you pay for return shipping and my time wasted dealing with the piece of junk!! Plain and simple you are a lowlife conman I feel sorry for the guy that you conned into buying that so called L 88 ......
Old 03-22-2017, 11:34 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

OK, both sides have had their say and further back and forth won't accomplish anything.

The buyer did receive a refund; however it was generated by his dispute complaint to Paypal, not by actions of the seller.

Seller wants his part back, but buyer is not interested in paying for packaging and shipping. That's a disagreement that is between them.

Thread will be closed at this time. It remains in this section for any member to read. The other dispute thread will remain open for the time being for postings by the buyer and seller.