Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Events related to purchasing from BigW1998

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 03:21 PM
Enchanter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Events related to purchasing from BigW1998

Just wanted to capture the events surrounding the purchase of some parts from a fellow CF Member.

I contacted BigW1998 by PM regarding the his thread selling stock C6 taillights.

PM'S:
1/29/17, 9:17PM
Originally Posted by Enchanter
Hello,

I saw your post, and was wondering if you still have the lights?

Thanks,
Tim
Originally Posted by BigW1998
Hello,

Yes I still have the lights. All packed up and ready for shipment.
I can send you my PayPal email if you are interested in purchasing.

Thanks,

Will
Hi Will,

Thanks for the quick response. I do want to conform that they aren't damaged in any way. Are the tabs, lenses, or housings cracked in any way? I had some bad luck attempting to purchase a set last week.

If they aren't damaged, I'll take them.

Tim
Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday. They are I damaged, in like new condition. If you would like to purchase today I can send you the PayPal address and then get these shipped out this afternoon through UPS.
I just want to clarify the typo. "They are I damaged". Undamaged right?

If that's correct, Yes, I'll take them.
Oh sorry about that. Yes, they are undamaged. My paypal address is: removed for his privacy
2/06/17, 11:24AM
Hello Will,

I received the taillights today and immediately opened the box. 2 of the lights have substantial scratches on their faces (red part), and one of the lights was obviously repaired since the tabs were broken off and other plastic tabs were attached with epoxy.

Please refund my purchase price and I will gladly return the lights to you.

Thanks,
Tim
After sending that PM, I contacted a Moderator just to make them aware / document the situation. I was informed that BigW1998 responded to a Moderator PM about this situation. BigW1998 did not reply to my last PM.

I waited 24hrs, then checked his public profile to confirm that he logged into the forum. I still did not have a reply to my PM, so I went to Paypal and started contacting BigW1998 via Paypal on 2/7/17. Note that this wasn't an official Paypal dispute at this time.

Here is the communication we had starting 2/07/17:
ME: Buyer: The items I purchased (4 tail lights) are not as described (as new). 2 are scratched and 1 was previously broken and repaired.I would like a refund of the purchase price and shipping costs to return the item.

SELLER: Send the lights back to me and I will give you a refund.
(Paraphrased since I can no longer access the first message I received)

ME: I accept the refund offer on the condition that you send an additional $10 to split the shipping cost.

SELLER (After almost a week): Thanks for understanding. I will do my best to send the extra $10 once I can link my other card to this account. It shouldn't be much longer.

ME 2/24/17: William, I'm not getting a good feeling about this. "I will do my best" doesn't sound positive to me. This dispute will automatically close on Monday the 27th. If I don't hear from you by Sunday morning, I'm going to go ahead and escalate it to PayPal. I mean no disrespect, and don't intend to upset you.

There were no additional messages from William. On 2/27/17 I escalated it to a formal dispute on Paypal.

On March 9th $125 was returned to my account.

To be clear, 1 light was in good shape, 2 lights had scratched lenses, 1 light had a crappy repair job done to replace the lower tabs.

I still have the lights, and will happily return them after I receive $ for shipping.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Events related to purchasing from BigW1998