Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Willcox?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:17 PM
swag
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Willcox?

Curious about everyone else's experience with willcox for parts?

I ordered some parts that were shipped over 12 days ago and haven't received them. I sent them an email yesterday and haven't heard from them too.

I noticed the last time I ordered from them it took longer than ecklers and zip.

I'll try to reach them again tomorrow; however, just trying to see if this is normal for them.

The other places above had the same parts and I could have ordered from them so I don't think I had anything special.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:12 AM
shaun8484
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by swag
Curious about everyone else's experience with willcox for parts?

I ordered some parts that were shipped over 12 days ago and haven't received them. I sent them an email yesterday and haven't heard from them too.

I noticed the last time I ordered from them it took longer than ecklers and zip.

I'll try to reach them again tomorrow; however, just trying to see if this is normal for them.

The other places above had the same parts and I could have ordered from them so I don't think I had anything special.
I just went through the same thing and still am actually. When I order parts from Willcox, they tell me I should receive my item within 5-7 business days, however, they dont provide a tracking number (for ground shipping anyway). I called on the 9th or 10th business day and they told me I would have it in a day or two. Then they sent me an email with a tracking number. When I got the package, they sent me an 80 nose emblem instead of an 81! So I called again. I will say this, although their shipping tends to run a little longer than they say, their customer service is quite exceptional, in my experience anyway. The lady I spoke with on the phone told me they would ship the new part out with a return label for the wrong part.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Knerf
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

i have ordered several times from eklers and willcox, willcox tends to be the slower route but they have great CS, ordered a set of lip seals to do my brakes and only received half of what i ordered, the rest of the parts were to me in about 4 days.

pleasant to work with if you need to call them aslo.

Last edited by Knerf; 03-21-2017 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:07 AM
Rescue Rogers
Dementer sole survivor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6,292 Likes on 3,919 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C3 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

I ordered a bunch of screws and weather stripping a year back and had a question just after I orderd and left a message. I got a call right away and they straightened me out and I was pleased. More like a mom and pop shop vs a cooperate adventure. I would recommend Willcox alot
Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Revi
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 136 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...th-wilcox.html
Old 03-21-2017, 08:53 AM
swag
Instructor

Originally Posted by shaun8484
I just went through the same thing and still am actually. When I order parts from Willcox, they tell me I should receive my item within 5-7 business days, however, they dont provide a tracking number (for ground shipping anyway). I called on the 9th or 10th business day and they told me I would have it in a day or two. Then they sent me an email with a tracking number. When I got the package, they sent me an 80 nose emblem instead of an 81! So I called again. I will say this, although their shipping tends to run a little longer than they say, their customer service is quite exceptional, in my experience anyway. The lady I spoke with on the phone told me they would ship the new part out with a return label for the wrong part.
I think a tracking number would go a long way. I am thinking that when they say when the order is shipped that it really isn't shipped.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:19 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

For parts on my c2 I wouldn't get stuff from anyone else. Has always came thur for me. Great vendor in my case with dealing with them. Robert
Old 03-21-2017, 04:37 PM
dprinter1
Melting Slicks

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Wilcox got a boatload of my money, and wouldn't hesitate to order again....great vendor for our beloved Corvettes.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:41 PM
swag
Instructor

Ok, I called willcox today and it appears that they hadn't even shipped my stuff. I guess they had to order one item.

So, when it says it was shipped and expect it in 7 to 10 business days that doesn't mean anything.

The customer service rep said that they just got the part in yesterday and will ship it out today plus send me a tracking number.

Still haven't seen the tracking number.

I have had better results with other sellers so I will probably only use willcox if I am in a pinch.

I do agree about their support. They have so much valuable information and their articles have helped me out a bunch.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:15 PM
shaun8484
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

I do wish Willcox would add tracking numbers to their shipments. Maybe if Ernie is listening he may incorporate that in the future. I still say the lady that I have spoken with multiple times is great to work with and their customer service is above par.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:52 PM
Bill Pilon
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 136 Posts

I dealt with Norm and later Ernie for many years now, never a problem and they are my first choice for vette parts.

Bill
Old 03-30-2017, 09:50 AM
shaun8484
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Unfortunately, this is the 3rd order that I have had to call about because I did not receive my package on time, or at all for that matter. Again, the lady that answered the phone was polite and courteous and definitely deserves a raise but it seems I have to call every time I order something, usually 10 days after it has "shipped", for it to actually be shipped. Quality parts and the best customer service I have ever seen from any company, just wish I didn't have to call to have items shipped.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:24 AM
swag
Instructor

Originally Posted by shaun8484
Unfortunately, this is the 3rd order that I have had to call about because I did not receive my package on time, or at all for that matter. Again, the lady that answered the phone was polite and courteous and definitely deserves a raise but it seems I have to call every time I order something, usually 10 days after it has "shipped", for it to actually be shipped. Quality parts and the best customer service I have ever seen from any company, just wish I didn't have to call to have items shipped.
Yes, I still haven't received the stuff yet. I called them again on Tuesday and I think I talked to Willcox himself. He said the lady I talked to before was new and didn't understand the issue with the part.

So, he said that they had to pull the part I was looking for off another car? I guess they have a parts collection of old cars?

Well, he said he had the part sitting on his desk and would send it out ASAP. I did get a tracking number so it looks like it is finally on it's way.

I know willcox has helped me a lot with the diagrams and all but I am only going to order from them if they are the only company that sells an item. Sucks, because I would love to give them my business.

Get notified of new replies

To Willcox?

Quick Reply: Willcox?