Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

My bad experience with Bob at House of Wheels!

Old 01-06-2005, 03:03 PM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Default My bad experience with Bob at House of Wheels!

I decided to start a separate post concerning my experience with Bob at House of Wheels, so everyone would know what this thread is all about. The other thread was mainly for pics of the wheels, but this one is all about how I was treated as a customer by Bob at House of Wheels. After 19 days of ordering my wheels from House of Wheels I finally received all of them on January 3rd! I ordered the wheels on December the 15th from Bob at House of Wheels. Two days later I received the rear pair of Black Z06 Motorsport Wheels. Well, one was damaged so I called Bob at House of Wheels and told him the problem and he told me that I would have to call Factory Reproductions in California for them to send me another one.Well, I called them Friday, the 18th and they( Factory Reproductions) said they would send me a new one out on Monday the 21st, and that I would have it by the next Monday, which would have been the 28th. Well, upon waiting for it, I was also awaiting my front Z06 black motorsports which finally arrived Friday the 24th after Bob sent me Chrome Z06 wheels instead of the black motorsports.Well after all of that, I waited for the black rear motorsport to arrive monday so I could install the new wheels and go ahead and ship my stock ones out, as they were purchased the day or two before I placed the order to Bob at House of Wheels. At the end of the day Monday, the wheel had not arrived. I decided to call Factory Reproductions and check the status of my wheel, and to get the tracking number. Jason at Factory Reproductions said that he would have to go and check his UPS shipment status on his computer and he would email me the tracking number. That was OK, until I waited till Wed, and still no word or tracking number on the wheel! So I call Jason back at Factory Reproductions, and he gives me the tracking number, and come to find out, they did not ship the wheel till Tuesday the 29th, and then they sent it 3 day express by UPS, which didn't arrive till Monday Jan,03! I have waited a long time for these wheels, and also delayed my factory wheels from getting to the guys here on the forum who had purchased them for their race season, which still may not get their in time due to this delay in receiving these black motorsports! The shipping the wheel back and forth and the wait turned out to be a hassle more than anything. I could have purchased these wheel from another wheel company for $100 less, but I chose to go with a forum vendor as they are supposedly reputable.I informed Bob of my disatisfaction with his service, and all that was stated from him was that he was sorry and he said that his service was not usually like that. To the ones who waited so patiently for my factory Z06 wheels, I apologize, and I just want to Thank You for bearing with me in this situation! Sorry for the long post, but I felt it was necessary for what I have been through!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Ego-Trip
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8 Veteran

Probably the first bad thing I have ever heard about Bob but I guess stuff happens. It seems to be happening more and more with these vendors who dont maintain an inventory and just have stuff drop-shipped from the manufacturer. I know it is "cost effective" in todays e-commerce but to me its just a recipe for disaster.

I'm sure this is an isolated incident though, Bob has always had a good reputation around here.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by 2k1 Vette
Probably the first bad thing I have ever heard about Bob but I guess stuff happens. It seems to be happening more and more with these vendors who dont maintain an inventory and just have stuff drop-shipped from the manufacturer. I know it is "cost effective" in todays e-commerce but to me its just a recipe for disaster.

I'm sure this is an isolated incident though, Bob has always had a good reputation around here.
That's the problem with drop shipping. Everyone gets to point a finger and nothing is solved. I've heard nothing but good things about Bob but imo it should of immediately been taken care of by him. That's what would happen if it were my business. Good luck. Hope it is just an oversight.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:55 PM
ALLEGRO
Le Mans Master

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

I hope they make this right !!!

Old 01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
bsmith
Team Owner

Received 61 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

that is the first negative thing I have heard in my year and half on this site. It stinks that it happened to you, but I think it was a fluke deal. I know I am going to order wheels from Bob within the next couple months.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:00 PM
atl97vette
Pro

Location: You want HOW much for that Corvette part??? Atlanta GA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i, too, hope they can do something to make it right. by the way, beautiful vette allegro.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:04 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

As i understand, from your post, the delays and ill treatment were not from Bob, but from Factory Reproductions in California.

I understand that you apparently feel that Bob is at fault (the one neck to choke sydrome), but in fact it was not his service that fell short, it was Factory Reproductions in California.

I think you need to make that clear to all.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:38 PM
16Again
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '20

Originally Posted by AC54ME
As i understand, from your post, the delays and ill treatment were not from Bob, but from Factory Reproductions in California.

I understand that you apparently feel that Bob is at fault (the one neck to choke sydrome), but in fact it was not his service that fell short, it was Factory Reproductions in California.

What he made clear is that the vendor he purchased the wheels from HOUSE OF WHEELS wanted nothing to do with him after the sale. The vendor as stated told the customer to call a third party. That is not customer service, and I believe he was very clear! This bad experience with Bob affected me as well, I purchased Jason's stock rims. Shame on another forum vendor taking the money and blowing off HIS customer.
Bob
Old 01-06-2005, 04:42 PM
C5dream
Racer

Originally Posted by AC54ME

Bob is the one that got the money and it is called Bobs House of Wheels its all on Bob. The guy buying the wheels never should have had to call FRC Bob should have done that for the customer.

I wouldn't stop buying from Bob this is just a small mistake. he got the wheels just not as soon and trouble free as he wanted.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Medivh
Racer

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I bought a set of 4 rims from Bob this past summer, and was satisfied with my customer service and the rims. I would def order from him again.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:47 PM
BLAZBYU
Racer

I have not had any dealings with Bob, but he should not have told the customer to call anyone.... HE, should have made the call and the follow-up to complete the sale. IMHO the sale is not complete until the customer is totally satisfied! I don't know if I will deal with Bob now after hearing of this. It just sounds like he will take your money and shove you off to someone else if there is a problem. I want a vendor that will be in my corner 100%.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:49 PM
atl97vette
Pro

Location: You want HOW much for that Corvette part??? Atlanta GA

Originally Posted by BLAZBYU
HE, should have made the call and the follow-up to complete the sale. IMHO the sale is not complete until the customer is totally satisfied! I want a vendor that will be in my corner 100%.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:49 PM
georges03zo6
Racer

Oh my god, Bob at House of Wheels is human!

Damn dude, I cant beleive someone would post something like this over the internet. What more do you want him to do? Take his appology and move on...
Old 01-06-2005, 04:51 PM
blacksedan87
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19
NCM Sinkhole Donor

This is another sad story (and I mean that, not sarcastically) about shipping around the holiday season. I'm not making excuses for Bob@House of Wheels, I don't know the man nor have I ever had any experience with them.

I don't disagree that Bob or someone from House of Wheels should have made the contact with the manufacturer - but sometimes even the best vendor stumbles.

I've heard and read so many kudos to Bob and House of Wheels, that I have to believe this was one of those stumbles. It will be very interesting if Bob responds to this thread with his explanation. I prefer to reserve judgement until I hear both sides - not that I doubt your story NVTHIS. It's the only fair and reasonable thing to do.

I'm sorry you had these troubles, but from the look of your pics, I'd say that you got what was ordered - finally!

Looks BTW!

Last edited by blacksedan87; 01-06-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:53 PM
VolFan615
Yellow C3/C5
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Originally Posted by NVTHIS
Two days later I received the rear pair of Black Z06 Motorsport Wheels. Well, one was damaged so I called Bob at House of Wheels and told him the problem and he told me that I would have to call Factory Reproductions in California for them to send me another one.
Right there is where I would have had a big problem! Bob sold you the wheels... he should have made the call. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:00 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by georges03zo6
Oh my god, Bob at House of Wheels is human!

Damn dude, I cant beleive someone would post something like this over the internet. What more do you want him to do? Take his appology and move on...
Apparently some of the posters believe that Bob should be hung up by the short hairs regardless of the appology offered.

And, did Bob offer to work with the 3rd party - we DO NOT know since Bobs' part of the story is not available.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:11 PM
georges03zo6
Racer

Man, I just saw the other post that you have bashing Bob. Unreal.

Get notified of new replies

To My bad experience with Bob at House of Wheels!

Old 01-06-2005, 05:29 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,188 Likes on 13,911 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Let's hear from Bob - he should be given a chance to respond before all the bashing continues.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Zuti
Drifting

Location: Life moves pretty fast... if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

I have to say that I had a very good experience with Bob in a situation in which I may have been a bit of a pain in the a**. I ordered a set of C6 wheels from Bob and one had a slight blemish on the inside. Bob gladly replaced the wheel and paid for my shipping back. The replacement wheel also had a blemish that probably would not have been noticed once on the car (inside of the wheel) but I contacted Bob and again (although understandably not so gladly) replaced the wheel, which by the way was promptly received (as was the original order and 1st replacement). I honestly believe that Bob strives for customer satisfaction and would recommend him. Perhaps some of your problem was timing (holidays) and holiday shipping load. I hope everything works out in the end and that you enjoy your wheels. Zuti
Old 01-06-2005, 05:33 PM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

This guy should of contacted Factory Reproductions himself regardless. I am on the east coast and so is Bob at House of Wheels. I should not be the person to run and do the work when I paid for these. He should have shipped me a good wheel from his location in Florida, and Bob, should have been the one to send call tags and pick up the damaged wheel and deal with it himself. I would never do that to my customers. I am just stating the facts here, as I have kept every PM he has sent me, and there is no BS! For the people who know me on this forum they know I just don't complain to make a scene. I'm sure if this had been your situation you would be a little upset also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My bad experience with Bob at House of Wheels!