Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iForged sensors required for iForged wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Viscerl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default iForged sensors required for iForged wheels?

Hi guys,

I bought some iForged wheels for a good price this weekend on Ebay for my 08 Z06. Given that they have them in stock and were ready to ship them, I was less worried about the issues that many have faced with drawn-out production times.

I did, however, work out that I need sensors to go with the wheels.

I'm forst hoping the wheels come with sensors, but I'm preparing my self for the unfortunate possibility that they don't.

If they dont, do I have to buy the iForged sensors (they havent answered the phone in days or returned my calls)?

Can I buy sensors from a GM parts place and put them in?

Save me!

Chris
Old 02-19-2008, 03:07 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Viscerl
Hi guys,

I bought some iForged wheels for a good price this weekend on Ebay for my 08 Z06. Given that they have them in stock and were ready to ship them, I was less worried about the issues that many have faced with drawn-out production times.

I did, however, work out that I need sensors to go with the wheels.

I'm forst hoping the wheels come with sensors, but I'm preparing my self for the unfortunate possibility that they don't.

If they dont, do I have to buy the iForged sensors (they havent answered the phone in days or returned my calls)?

Can I buy sensors from a GM parts place and put them in?

Save me!

Chris
Gene Cully has the best prices on GM wheel sensors. You can buy TPS mounting brackets from iForged. Contact iForged directly @ 714 484-1070 and talk with Ace.

BJK
Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Viscerl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I did exactly that and they are sending me the adapters. I got the sensors from House of Wheels for $44 each, which ended up a little pricey, but oh well. The last purchase was the sensor reset tool for $140 from Wright tool.

Chris
Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Viscerl
Thanks, I did exactly that and they are sending me the adapters. I got the sensors from House of Wheels for $44 each, which ended up a little pricey, but oh well. The last purchase was the sensor reset tool for $140 from Wright tool.

Chris
Can you give me a link to the sensor reset tool? I have been to Wright tool but couldn't find that particular product.

BJK
Old 02-20-2008, 11:23 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp
Can you give me a link to the sensor reset tool? I have been to Wright tool but couldn't find that particular product.

BJK
Contact Jim Strobridge, 1-800-783-9826 Ext 194.

The Bartec Trackside is designed to ONLY work on the C6 (they also make a version that only works on the Viper or the Mustang).

Federal law requires that beginning with the 2008 model year ALL vehicles less than 10,000 lbs are required to have a TPMS and sensors. You might like to spend a little more and get a universal tool so you can reset the TPMS on your other vehicles when you rotate tires.

Universal tools can be purchased anytime on the online auction sites for around $325 and up. But, you can occassionally get one for around $200 if you keep a good lookout.

Bob
Old 02-20-2008, 11:27 AM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Contact Jim Strobridge, 1-800-783-9826 Ext 194.

The Bartec Trackside is designed to ONLY work on the C6 (they also make a version that only works on the Viper or the Mustang).

Federal law requires that beginning with the 2008 model year ALL vehicles less than 10,000 lbs are required to have a TPMS and sensors. You might like to spend a little more and get a universal tool so you can reset the TPMS on your other vehicles when you rotate tires.

Universal tools can be purchased anytime on the online auction sites for around $325 and up. But, you can occassionally get one for around $200 if you keep a good lookout.

Bob
Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To iForged sensors required for iForged wheels?

Quick Reply: iForged sensors required for iForged wheels?