Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MICHELIN: Official Tire of the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:06 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Default MICHELIN: Official Tire of the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School

Hi all,

Just thought you might be interested in this:
Now, Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, Nevada's premier driving school, and Michelin North America have teamed up to offer consumers an ultra-high performance experience led by Ron Fellows, one of the most celebrated names in Corvette racing.

The Michelin/Corvette pairing has already proven to be a success as the Michelin(R) Pilot(R) Sport PS2 ZP tires were chosen as original equipment for the 2009 Corvette ZR1. As part of the Ron Fellows Driving Experience, consumers will experience the highly-capable Michelin(R) Pilot(R) Sport PS2 ZP tires which provide superior levels of cornering grip, straight-line traction, ride, comfort, noise reduction and extended tread life for confident everyday driving.

In addition to the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ZP tires, every participant registered in the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School will also experience the street-legal, competition ready Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires. As a DOT approved competition tire, the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tire offers extreme cornering and consistent lap times.

"Our partnership with Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch is a natural extension of our relationship we have built with Corvette and Corvette racing over the years," said Scott Clark, COO, Michelin Americas Small Tires. "Consumers that take part in the racing school will have the opportunity to drive on various Michelin ultra-high performance tires, such as the Michelin Pilot PS2, PS2 ZP and the track-oriented Pilot Sport Cup, and will be able to experience the importance of having great tires."

The Michelin-Corvette relationship has proven to be a winning combination since 2004 through a highly-interactive partner-team relationship in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

We are honored to be working with Michelin North America to provide state-of-the-art products for our clients and students. Read more about the new Michelin/Spring Mountain partnership here.
I was lucky enough to be able to videotape a testing session last week with Ron Fellows and the boys from Michelin. All I can say is Ron was really impressed with the Michelins on the Z06. He was consistantly 2 seconds faster than the OEMs around the 1.5 mile loop! He also raved about the Michelin's consistency.

I hope to be able to post some of the footage in the next week or so.

Take Care,

Ken

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

Old 07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
NavyVet
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What sizes are you using on the stock C6 Z06 wheels? Is the 2 second improvement on ZPs or non-runflats? Wish they'd had them when Debi and I were there!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:59 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

I actually didn't check. I assumed they were the stock sizes. I'll find out and let you know.

I assume by your Username you were in the Navy. I was too, 88-98. I was a P3 Tactical Coordinator. Stationed at Barbers Point (VP-17) for my first tour, then Jacksonville (VP-30). Then a some other places.

Thanks for your service!

Take care,

Ken

Get notified of new replies

To MICHELIN: Official Tire of the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School

Quick Reply: MICHELIN: Official Tire of the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School