Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel choice help...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
bags142
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Wheel choice help...

I am going to be buying new wheels for my 00 FRC in the next month or so. I am going 18x9.5 all around c6 z06 wheels, not that it matters, just fyi.

I am looking at 3 different compaines.

Gm

House of wheel reproductions

JW motoring repros

The price difference is pretty big between the repros and GM. These wheels WILL see some mtn. roads and HPDE's. But, I expect to have a set of track wheels for next year. So just to be safe, I will say they will do 6 HPDE's this year. I don't expect to make it to that many, but just being safe.

I know and expect the GM wheels to hold up. Will both of the repro's? Or is one better than the other?

And I understand that the GM wheels will be lighter, but I am NOT doing w/w racing. I am just going out and driving hard and fast in a safe manner. So the unspung weight means nothing to me at this point.

I did search and could not really come up with anything. From what I found both JW and HOW are good companies that have good customer service.

TIA

Bags
Old 01-17-2010, 09:23 PM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bags142
I am going to be buying new wheels for my 00 FRC in the next month or so. I am going 18x9.5 all around c6 z06 wheels, not that it matters, just fyi.

Gm

JW motoring repros

The price difference is pretty big between the repros and GM. These wheels WILL see some mtn. roads and HPDE's. But, I expect to have a set of track wheels for next year. So just to be safe, I will say they will do 6 HPDE's this year. I don't expect to make it to that many, but just being safe.

I know and expect the GM wheels to hold up. Will both of the repro's? Or is one better than the other?

And I understand that the GM wheels will be lighter, but I am NOT doing w/w racing. I am just going out and driving hard and fast in a safe manner. So the unspung weight means nothing to me at this point.

I did search and could not really come up with anything. From what I found both JW and HOW are good companies that have good customer service.

TIA

Bags
Regarding GM wheels... They are made by Speedline, in a Flow Form type of process which is low pressure, but a tad lighter than the Reproductions. Not enough to make a difference to 99.99999% of drivers... which is why the Repros sell so well. For the price of GM wheels (new anyway) you can get a nice set of (much lighter) 3 PC Forged Wheels!

Reproductions are all made in China for the most part, in a low pressure casting process, very similar to the OEM market.

We have a 100% Price Match Guarantee (if we are not already the lowest by a long shot!)

If I can help you out at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Corvette Wheels is what we do. (Please do a search about us here on the forum... we pride ourselves on customer service and positive feedback!)

Last edited by corvette-wheels.com; 01-17-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:32 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Originally Posted by bags142

Gm

JW motoring repros

TIA

Bags
Thanks for considering us. Let me know if you have any questions

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel choice help...

Quick Reply: Wheel choice help...