Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CCW Classic custom powder coat inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 PM
doje
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by 95redz
I just had the rears mounted and there were no leaks that we could find nor see 4hrs later. I couldn't mount the fronts becuase the shop lost my valve stems for all 4 wheels and the place I went to didn't have a stem skinny enough to fit into the front (see my other thread).

I'll give these wheels a week to see how the air-pressure holds, being sure to test the pressure every day...probably every 15 minutes lol.
You won't get an honest answer unless the wheels spend some serious time ON THE CAR. The extra amount of pressure put on the tires when they have 3300 pounds of car on top is very different than a mounted tire stacked in the garage.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
95redz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doje
You won't get an honest answer unless the wheels spend some serious time ON THE CAR. The extra amount of pressure put on the tires when they have 3300 pounds of car on top is very different than a mounted tire stacked in the garage.
This is true, and I had every intention of mounting all 4 tonight however I'm no longer in the mood since my skinnies aren't mounted yet.

I guess for now I can be re-assured that we have any gushing leaks on initial fill!!

3300lbs!! I think my pig weighs close to 3500 with the iron block, SC, and custom stereo.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:08 PM
95redz
Pro

Updates:

The drag pack has now been mounted on the car now for about a week.

With just the tires sitting on the wheels themselves in the shop, the rears each dropped about 4 - 6psi. The fronts went down about 1psi.

On the car, the rears dropped about 4psi each in the course of 4 days BUT this is also with the car sitting on a cold cold concrete floor in Canada here, so that certainly doesn't help. The fronts held find.

It seems the tubless ET streets leak no matter what. I had 15" on my older Camaro and those leaked mounted on stock wheels.

I guess the positive here is that the tires aren't going completely flat which is good!! If there is a leak in the seal, it must be very very very small.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 PM
95redz
Pro

Old 04-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The powder coat looks nice

Quick Reply: CCW Classic custom powder coat inside