Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSW's on a C6, who has them? Tire sizes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 05:35 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default TSW's on a C6, who has them? Tire sizes?

Myself and quite a few others are wondering about the TSW wheel fitment on the C6 and what the widest rear tire you can run is without hitting the fender lip because of this wheels offset. No one ive talked to cares about rubbing the inner fender liners, just the fenders themselves.

So if you own a set of TSW wheels on a C6, speak up. What size tires are you running? They claim a 305 will clear under all circumstances but i have seen no photo or first hand proof of this.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:15 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

No one? With all the vendors that sell these TSW wheels no one has ran a 305 rear tire and knows if it will clear the fenders?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
torque*is*cheap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 305s fit just fine on the 19 x 10.5 wheels. Here's my setup:

TSW Interlagos, 18 x 9 front, 19 x 10.5 rear
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tires, 265/35-18 front, 305/30-19 rear

My car ('05 Z51 Pkg) is lowered as much as the factory suspension allows. No rubbing whatsoever, even at full steering lock, and that's driving it aggressively at an autocross in a lot with some significant bumps.

I'm really pleased with this setup, and the tire sizes keep the front/rear diameter ratio correct, so there's no issues with stability control, ABS, etc.

Last edited by torque*is*cheap; 06-01-2011 at 01:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DASH2005 (02-02-2018)
Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

I was running 275/35 fronts on a 10" wheel and 325 rears on a 11" wheel before and had NO issues with rubbing either but I wanted to make sure that these offsets would not cause a problem. Can you see any problems with the rear tire making contact under full suspension compression?

Thanks for taking the time to comment here....
Old 06-01-2011, 01:28 PM
torque*is*cheap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by breecher_7
I was running 275/35 fronts on a 10" wheel and 325 rears on a 11" wheel before and had NO issues with rubbing either but I wanted to make sure that these offsets would not cause a problem. Can you see any problems with the rear tire making contact under full suspension compression?

Thanks for taking the time to comment here....
I've had the suspension loaded pretty hard and have never heard the telltale "squawk" of fender/tire contact. Car right now is slightly lower in the rear than in the photo. I really hate it when anything rubs, so it was a relief to find that this setup has no such issues.

Looking straight down the rear fender, the tire is pretty much flush with the fender lip, but with the camber gained with roll, the tire tucks in a little. I bought a set of GM splash guards to protect the paint from stone chips (again, installed after the pics were taken). They're great for that factory-finished look.

Get notified of new replies

To TSW's on a C6, who has them? Tire sizes?

Quick Reply: TSW's on a C6, who has them? Tire sizes?