Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me find the right wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Location: The only state to ever kick another country's ass! TEXAS
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Help me find the right wheels.

I have an 07 AO Z06 with a black stripe.

No chrome or polished wheels. I've been photoshoping wheels on my car for a month and nothing chrome or polished works.

Looking for black but not just matte or gloss black.
Something like black chrome but darker. I don't want the
brighter silver look in the sun like black chrome but don't
want them so dark the spokes disappear. Black chrome
looks real good in dark shade but too bright in the sun.
Also would like to stay under $2500 for a set in standard
Z06 sizes or ZR1 sizes. Looking for a mesh or possibly a
5 or 7 spoke style.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I've been looking at everything I can find and no luck so far.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:40 PM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out our rims on zforcewheels.com we have them availabile in those sizes 1899 free shipping.we dont offer black chrome we find it not consistent but check out this company blackdiamondwheel.com 561 861 5742 they have something called black diamond finish that you should like.we can drop ship to them then have rims sent to you

Originally Posted by Xtremespeed
I have an 07 AO Z06 with a black stripe.

No chrome or polished wheels. I've been photoshoping wheels on my car for a month and nothing chrome or polished works.

Looking for black but not just matte or gloss black.
Something like black chrome but darker. I don't want the
brighter silver look in the sun like black chrome but don't
want them so dark the spokes disappear. Black chrome
looks real good in dark shade but too bright in the sun.
Also would like to stay under $2500 for a set in standard
Z06 sizes or ZR1 sizes. Looking for a mesh or possibly a
5 or 7 spoke style.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I've been looking at everything I can find and no luck so far.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:08 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the reply. I have actually considered the Zforce wheels a lot. I originally wanted the black with machined face and black lips, but after photoshopping them on my car the machined face was just too bright. Would it be possible to get them in maybe a brushed gunmetal face or something similar with the rest black?

I have looked at that website before, but they have very few examples of the onyx chrome which is their darker product and it's hard to tell what I would end up with. Still not sure if a black chrome
is what I'm looking for.

Please keep the suggestions coming.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Wow! Over 100 views and no opinions?

Come on guys. Something dark enough to tie into my black stripe without being so dark the spokes disappear. I think gloss black would tie in the best, but don't care for the way it blends in and hides the design.

Last edited by Xtremespeed; 07-29-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:38 PM
NorthTXC6
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I would suggest machined face spokes with gloss black on the insides and the rim - that's what I'm thinking about doing on my CRM...both HRE (560R) and 360 forged can make these to order....
Old 07-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

I would love to get some 360's but they are kinda out of my price range.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:27 AM
NorthTXC6
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I would love to get some 360's but they are kinda out of my price range.
The Zforce wheels are very good looking and also can do the brushed metal centers and gloss black insides and rim - they aren't as pricey as 360s or HREs
Old 07-30-2011, 12:57 AM
0Supervettes LLC
Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

We carry HRE, 360, D2, Modular Concept, NuTek, ZFORCE, Forgeline, Forgestar, MHT, etc just to name a few... We also have a lowest price / price match guarantee!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:24 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Please do not mislead customers as "Wholesale" is not the correct terminology. Since 90% of the Forged wheel companies / brands on the market are paying "wholesale" from the manufacturers (private labelers) themselves. Many brands on the market like to call themselves manufacturers, when there are only a handful in the entire country, the rest are all marketers, with exception of a few that assemble parts. So, there is no such thing as wholesale to the public when talking about wheels that are sold in wholesale three levels above...

If you want the very best forged wheels for the money, NuTek or ZFORCE are by far the most superior engineered, highest quality wheel you can buy... As they are both manufactured by the founder of HRE. So, essentially, your getting a product that is everything offered by HRE, only assembled much more precise, with the most up to date technology, only engineered and used in house by NuTek. Only reason they are cheaper, is they are still "under the radar" - they don't have to cover the massive amounts of $ put into advertising...

As a leading Corvette Wheels vendor for 5 years, we have a 100% price match guarantee, and we usually never have to use it. Low prices, as many customers have found out the hard way, is not the only thing that matters. We couple great pricing with actual wheel knowledge, and excellent customer service that you never get from sales reps slinging wheels for commissions. When your ready to speak to a professional about wheels for your Vette, give us a call.

Last edited by corvette-wheels.com; 07-30-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:27 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

We have several Mesh Designs and Lines Available as well as the 5 and 7 spoke designs. With the Z's it is highly recommended you go with a quality Forged wheel due to the strength and performance gains you will obtain. There are several great Cast wheels out there but for a few bucks more you can achieve the top of the line quality and workmanship in a Forged Wheel as well as have the security with the Z's power you will be good to go. Email or call me anytime, day or night and we'll help you out.

If you need reviews please take a look and see what your fellow forum members are saying about us.

We offer the BEST PRICING HANDS DOWN. We will do full wheel/tire/packages and offer you full warranty on tires, TPMS, wheels etc etc. When you deal with us you deal with a licensed shop with over 600 sales and we are a fellow corvette member turned Wheel Vendor to stop all the wheel gouging. Look around and you'll quickly see we sell at wholesale to the public.

As far as pricing our reviews speak for themselves, we have never been out priced.

Largest Wheel Vendor in the WORLD for the lines we carry and have to this day never been outpriced. In fact we are the only Forum Vendor with Exclusivity on Several Lines, read the reviews below and it will be evident why.

I highly recommend one of our 3-PC forged lines and I can work with you to get you what you desire send you thousands of pictures that we have and do whatever is necessary to ensure you have what you are looking for.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

SET WE DID FOR ANOTHER FORUM MEMBER

Thanks again for considering us,

Gerry
Custom Wheels, Owner

#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166

Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Vorstein er*Akra*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

EMAIL: sales@cw4L.com
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less

Last edited by CW4L; 07-30-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

I have looked at all the threads, reviews, and pics from all of these great vendors. I'm sure I would be more than happy with a set of wheels from any of you guys. What I'm mostly trying to find is a picture of a wheel that looks right for my car. I guess if any of you would like to play along, I will start with the picture above. I like the AO pinstripe, but not the whole lip in AO like above. I think I would prefer a wheel without the lip actually. Also, while I like the spoke design, they almost completely disappear on that car. I don't want them to draw attention away from the car like polished or chrome does, but to tie it all together nicely without disappearing. I am leaning toward a 7 spoke or split 7 spoke design, but I do like 5's and mesh. Also, like I mentioned, $2500 is the max I would like to spend. Less would be preferred, as long as it's still a quality wheel. I know a lot of the wheel brands mentioned in this thread tend to run way over that number.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

WOW! Those were quite the claims!! "Never being outpriced" is clearly fabricated from thin air, as there isn't a realistic (or accurate) way of monitoring such a claim. (but "A" for effort! ) if you can tone down the sales pitch, and use facts, rather than hype... Maybe we can make you a ZFORCE rep...

Customer:

-- I'll make it very simple for you. #'s don't lie. (If you can / choose a higher budget) Feel free to get quotes from any company you choose to. Go with whoever you feel most comfortable with...

As the (actual) #1 Corvette Wheel retailer on the internet (Search "Corvette Wheels" on any search engine) we have been fortunate enough to sift through all of the Forged brands on the mkt, allowing us to cherry pick only the best. Not any wheel company private labeling a design...

With that out of the way, there are very few choices other than Reproductions or 3PC Forged Wheels for Corvettes. If you want deep lips, those choices are narrowed even further. There are Zforce, or Vossen. That's it. We manufacture ZFORCE, and carry both, and again, have a 100% price match guarantee in writing on our website.

We also custom paint the ZFORCE wheels in any setup you can think of. (PM me anything you want to see, and we'll photoshop it for you) - I would recommend Gloss Black / Machined Face with the AO 3/8" pin stripe (the full lip is a little played out IMO, gets old quick) - or just all Gloss black, BUT... have your calipers powdercoated AO... This will expose the spokes a lot better, yet still bringing your theme together, without the wheel getting lost in the design...

I have looked at all the threads, reviews, and pics from all of these great vendors. I'm sure I would be more than happy with a set of wheels from any of you guys. What I'm mostly trying to find is a picture of a wheel that looks right for my car. I guess if any of you would like to play along, I will start with the picture above. I like the AO pinstripe, but not the whole lip in AO like above. I think I would prefer a wheel without the lip actually. Also, while I like the spoke design, they almost completely disappear on that car. I don't want them to draw attention away from the car like polished or chrome does, but to tie it all together nicely without disappearing. I am leaning toward a 7 spoke or split 7 spoke design, but I do like 5's and mesh. Also, like I mentioned, $2500 is the max I would like to spend. Less would be preferred, as long as it's still a quality wheel. I know a lot of the wheel brands mentioned in this thread tend to run way over that number.

Last edited by corvette-wheels.com; 07-31-2011 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

CALL PERRY AT PTS!! HE"LL TAKE CARE OF YOU WITH YOUR BUDGET.

Last edited by CW4L; 07-31-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Ok guys, cool it! You both have some nice wheels and great prices. You both also have great reviews and a lot of support and loyal customers on the forum.

More than anything, I was just hoping maybe I would see some pics of some wheel finishes that I hadn't seen or considered yet.

I thought I might be interested in the Cor F1 that P.T.S has in diamond black. He posted pics of them on a Camaro that look great, but after searching the web for more pics, it seems that they are real shiney chrome looking in the sun.

The gloss black stripe on the car causes matching issues with most finishes. I think matte black and textured black would clash with the stripe, and gloss black disappears way too much. IMO, AO calipers would only slightly help. Most of that would lead you toward a silver, chrome, or polished look, but IMO the car is begging for something dark. I have photoshoped several black/machined face wheels on the car, and the machined face seems to throw it all off.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:15 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Wheel'$ForLe$$
CALL PERRY AT PTS!! HE"LL TAKE CARE OF YOU WITH YOUR BUDGET.

Your posts are nothing but fluff and false claims... just like every other member that has turned into a fly-by-night vendor without an actual company or experience.

Last edited by corvette-wheels.com; 07-31-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Sounds like your going in circles. - I've been there... but to save you some time, Gloss Black will always look the best with your theme. The orange calipers would help a lot more than you think... Nothing else will look as good IMO, and everytime you look back at this combo, you'll always regret not getting it. If you don't want bright, shiny/chrome, or Black... there's not much left by process of elimination... Dark Grey may work, are you willing to "outline" the Black stripe?

Take a look at "Black Diamond Pearl" finishes. Similar to black chrome - minus the inconsistencies in the chrome all matching...

Ok guys, cool it! You both have some nice wheels and great prices. You both also have great reviews and a lot of support and loyal customers on the forum.

More than anything, I was just hoping maybe I would see some pics of some wheel finishes that I hadn't seen or considered yet.

I thought I might be interested in the Cor F1 that P.T.S has in diamond black. He posted pics of them on a Camaro that look great, but after searching the web for more pics, it seems that they are real shiney chrome looking in the sun.

The gloss black stripe on the car causes matching issues with most finishes. I think matte black and textured black would clash with the stripe, and gloss black disappears way too much. IMO, AO calipers would only slightly help. Most of that would lead you toward a silver, chrome, or polished look, but IMO the car is begging for something dark. I have photoshoped several black/machined face wheels on the car, and the machined face seems to throw it all off.

Last edited by corvette-wheels.com; 08-02-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

I don't think I want to mess with the stripe. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I would like to see some of the Black diamond pearl. Sounds interesting.

Get notified of new replies

To Help me find the right wheels.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:55 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

Here are some photoshopped pics of your car with the all Black Zforce wheels, with & without the AO Pin stripes / AO Calipers

Last edited by corvette-wheels.com; 08-02-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:57 AM
0corvette-wheels.com
Former Vendor

I don't think I want to mess with the stripe. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I would like to see some of the Black diamond pearl. Sounds interesting.
Visit Finisher's website HERE

Here is the Black Diamond finish on a Lamborghini Gallardo:

Single BMW Wheel:

From the company's website offering the finish:

Black Diamond Chrome PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) is a New Technology that combines vacuum plating with powder coating as a durable replacement for traditional chrome. The process was originally developed for the space program and is currently used in a variety of commercial applications including components for the automotive aftermarket. The chrome coating will never pit or peel. PVD is Environmentally Green, with no harmful chemicals to dispose of. Learn how automobile dealers are benefiting by offering Chrome PVD.

Benefits:
  • Easy to clean and maintain the finish (typically, mild soap and warm water).
  • Brake dust is not statically attracted to the wheel due to powder base coat.
  • Stands up to road salts and magnesium chloride.
  • Wide selection of colors available, within the range of metals.
  • No color variation during product life because the color comes from metallization.
  • PVD coating is not as heavy as chrome plating, yielding lighter wheel
  • Better performance on OEM tests.
  • PVD coating performs well in harsh environments, such as: coastal areas and cold climates.
  • Vacuum sputtering allows for better coverage in recessed areas of casting.
  • Plating "throw" is not an issue in vacuum metallization.
  • Process capable of handling castings that are difficult to plate because of geometry or quality.
  • No hazerdous Waste is produced.
  • No environmental impact.
  • No hexavalent chrome.
  • Meets ROHS criteria.

Black Diamond Wheel’s Black Chrome

is a unique look not possible with traditional chrome plating. The BDW Black Chrome PVD process has all the reflective quality of chrome but with less of a "BLING" factor.The color is very consistent but the wheels reflects differently with each different wheel design, plus with PVD you get better coverage than traditional chrome plating.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Xtremespeed
Burning Brakes

Nope. Not feeling any of that. The spokes really disappear in the photoshop and that Diamond black is so light it barely looks different than chrome. If I was to go that route, they would have to be real dark.

I do very much appreciate the effort though. I need all the help I can get.

After looking at those pics, I don't think I care for the AO pinstripe.

Quick Reply: Help me find the right wheels.