Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autoglym is shiet!!! Major rant, possible law suit!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:51 PM
GiggityGiggity
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autoglym is shiet!!! Major rant, possible law suit!

Hoping some mods will distribute this amoung the other forums to protect all of our members.....

Those ****** ruined $4000 worth of brushed black anodized custom wheels on my car!!!

Their Custom Wheel Cleaner which is supposed to be acid free and safe for Anodized wheels completely ruined the finish of a beautiful wheel.

Their HO in the UK is trying to shift blame on the manufacturer and myself for using their product on after market wheels. The label clearly states that its safe for Anodized and says nothing about factory wheels.

I'm currently in a major dispute over their false advertisements. I have asked them to replace my wheels and recall their product, issue new labels indicating "NOT SAFE FOR ANODIZED WHEELS" and they won't acknowledge that their product is falsely advertised.

They ask me stupid questions like, how old are the wheels, where did you buy them, did you clean the wheels inside or outdoors? None of this has anything to do with the FACT that their product is not safe for ANODIZED wheels.

Here is their FB page, you can read the story on their page.
https://www.facebook.com/autoglym
They deleted the first discussion we started yesterday stating "they don't want people to start laying the blame game on them". HELLO!!!! Your stuff is junk! It's YOUR fault. The blame falls solely on misleading advertising that caused damage to my wheels.

Here are some pics of before the damage.....

And after.....

STAY AWAY FROM THEIR CRAP!!!!

So far they have done and said everything to try and deflect the blame. I should of listened to my own advice when I used their shietty wax last year. I know there will be some people who say "oh i like autoglym, I used this and I used that and it works awesome". Compared to what? Canadian Tire Crap? Turtle Wax? Low end stuff maybe. Autoglym is a farce, they falsely advertise, they take no corporate responsibility for their marketing and no responsibility for their products when they cause damage.

This is currently under investigation in the UK and so far it looks like they dont give a crap. "what did the manufacturer tell you to use" some lady asked me today. "What the fack does that have to do with how your product is advertised" I asked. Oh because if they said not to use our stuff we're not liable. What? You're on crack lady! Big fuken rocks your on! "Safe for anodize wheels means safe for anodized wheels does it not? I was told to use soap and water or anything thats safe for Andoized wheels. Now what? "Can you send me more pictures?" Sure, heres one of me on vaca with the boys in Vegas last may, oh here's one of the first musky I ever caught, and this one is awesome, its when my my buddy crashed his truck into ditch last winter cause he was going to fast in the snow. WTF more pictures do you want? "Oh there is corrosion on your brakes which likely contributed to the damage" are you insane? Thats surface corrosion from washing the car. Do you know how that works? Brake discs are made of metal. Brake pads create friction on that metal to stop your car. that metal is bare. when you wet bare metal like is normal when you wash a wheel, it instantly corrodes. STUPIDS they are!

Autoglym Bad. Do not use. I can't be more clear than this.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:25 AM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

that is messed up .... hopefully you will be able to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution
Old 08-25-2011, 05:58 PM
GiggityGiggity
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks. I do too.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:17 PM
JeffreyDurbin
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sue them in small claims court. If they are not local, they will have to either hire a lawyer (which might not even be allowed in small claims) or settle. The problem is that once you have a judgment you need to collect.

Get notified of new replies

To Autoglym is shiet!!! Major rant, possible law suit!

Quick Reply: Autoglym is shiet!!! Major rant, possible law suit!