Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire sealant

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 12:41 PM
MarkusK
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire sealant

hey everyone

does any of u have experience with tire sealant ?
like the one i linked?
does it really work?
and how easy to use is it really when u have to?
looking forward for ur answers

regards Markus
Old 01-23-2014, 03:47 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

I was working with a girl who used her mini truck as an appliance, no interest beyond travel. She used the stuff in a can inside her tires for over two years with many long high desert fast runs to see her family. She said no problem ever.

I had always shunned repair in a can for anything, but was running an old car with inner tubes and was getting a lot of flats. It was a chore to get inner tubes around town , so I decided to give it a try. Worked well, it convinced me.

I always kept a couple of cans in the SUV when going on vacation.

With the Vette, I have switched to slime, which is billed as sensor safe, because of the smaller packaging, and keep a small air pump alongside. It is not recommend for chrome wheels , but this information is only found on the website, not the package.

In reality, a tire that can be repaired can probably be pumped up and driven to safety without sealant. I just put in the stuff on my flat and it is still in there 8 months later.

Check new cars without spare tires and see what they provide. Some buy the BMW kit, I went the slime inflator kit from Target. Fine for an emergency flat , but I upgraded the air pump after I used the kit. Harbor freight , had a pump on sale, and it came in a little bag which can squeeze in a bottle of slime.

That's about all I know on the subject. If you are using the caned latex stuff, it is super messy and always sticky, so be prepared for a hard look when you tell the guy on the tire machine what to expect.

I figure if I am traveling, no tire shop will have a replacement on hand, so I plan ahead to avoid delays in valuable vacation time. It is also pretty good to have if you have ever returned to your car tired and late and found a tire flat. Simple and fast repair, no waiting.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:23 PM
LMDNC5
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15,'19

if you have TPMS sensors in your wheels sealant will ruin them

Get notified of new replies

To tire sealant

Quick Reply: tire sealant