Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

closeout on a Tire Pressure Monitoring System trigger tool

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 04:30 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadawg
I got one of these Bob, so I'll test it on my 2011 GS over the weekend, thanks as always for the tips
I forgot to update out here, sorry. I did use it to recalibrate my 2011 GS tire sensors, because Discount Tire swapped my rears, and they needed recalibrated to the correct location.

I put the vette in ACC mode, then I turned on this TPMS tool, and set it for the HHR sensors

I then held the lock and unlock on my FOB until the horn beeped.

I then went to the driver front tire, "scan" on the TPMS tool, and viola, the horn beeped!

So, then over to the passenger front tire (horn beep), then to the rear passenger tire (horn beep), then to the driver rear tire (3 horn beeps).

Finally, started the vette, and let air out of opposing tires, just to be sure the correct tire was showing on the DIC, and everything is good.

A very inexpensive tool that will help me on track days for sure.

It also displays the internal tire temp that the sensor reads for my model vette too. All from the HHR vehicle setting.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:21 PM
fgshearer
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered the tool for my 2008 C6. I have the factory sensors on three wheels but a new OE sensor on left rear. Once in relearn, I have not been able to get the car to acknowledge the left front even with pressure changes (letting air out); so I have gone for the tool. Fingers will be crossed!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:17 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 434 Likes on 371 Posts

This is one heck of a nice little unit. I just received mine and since I already have a TIPS tool, I just got this one to be more like the King of TPMS, BEZ06....LOL
Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 PM
swosanity
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys this was very helpful I purchased the scanner for twenty bucks because my TPMS was not reading correctly on my 2010 ZO6. Everything is fine now due to the tips on this thread. Thanks again
Old 06-15-2014, 09:22 PM
sallen619
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Just ordered one...
Old 02-09-2015, 01:54 AM
Z09SS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

I got one from Tire Rack... On close out...

I put the car in learn mode.

It can scan the front left, but the horn never beeps.

It never scans the front right and if I can't get past the front right, I can't scan the rears...

It can't even scan a brand new sensor. I even tried putting the sensor on top of the FR tire when I activated learn mode to no avail.

I think I got a bad unit and I'm very frustrated by it.

Quick Reply: closeout on a Tire Pressure Monitoring System trigger tool