Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering wheel Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 07:12 PM
vet55
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Steering wheel Vibration

Mine is a 2013 GS Auto with new Mich PS2 ZP's for two weeks. I had 16,000 on the GY's at change out and a constant vibration at 80 mph no better with rebalancing.

After the Mich's the vibration was 80% improved and took it back for a rebalance with their Hunter Unit with 5% improvement. The vibration is still there at 78-80mph, better, and at absent at lower speeds and better with Magnetic Ride On.

While at the dealership I road in a Callaway Vett GS that had horrible vibration and the techs believe there is no improvement to be had in mine from this point.

I will have to admit that I am more sensitive to this than most and some of the roads in Dallas feed into this. In other cars like my 335i it was better, however, but still present.

The dealership has done their best and I have no gripes. My next step is to find a guru and discuss shims or something to help.

Anyone here suggest an idea or a guru in Dallas to go to? If you all feel this too and I should give up I will. Just wanna take it to it's fruition.

Thanks Ahead!

Old 03-31-2014, 01:29 PM
0Luke@tirerack
Former Vendor

Received 148 Likes on 63 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12

the easiest way to diagnose your problem would be to go to http://www.gsp9700.com/ and find a local shop with a GSP 9700 road force balancer
Old 03-31-2014, 01:47 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
the easiest way to diagnose your problem would be to go to http://www.gsp9700.com/ and find a local shop with a GSP 9700 road force balancer
And educate the dealership on balancing, while you are at it

Get notified of new replies

To Steering wheel Vibration

Quick Reply: Steering wheel Vibration