Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Realistic mileage

Old 10-18-2014, 12:21 PM
thptrek
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Realistic mileage

I have Firestone Firehawk WideOvals on my 2008 daily driver. They are about 2.5 years old with 34,000 miles on them. I've noticed that they are not holding air pressure as well as I have to put in a couple of psi every other week or so and the thread is looking thinner.

What is a realistic mileage I should expect for these tires?

TIA
Old 10-18-2014, 05:47 PM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

34k sounds pretty good, unless you have changed your suspension settings to even the wear inside to outside.

I just rolled my GY F1 ' s into the garage after having some Michelin A/S 3 ' s put on. The rears look good, but the fronts are worn completely down on the inside even though they have good tread at the center and outside.

Check the inside of your tires and you may find they are worn smooth on the inside rib.

The warranties I've read state 50% of normal when you can't rotate them.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:47 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

I doubt the tires themselves are causing the air leakage. Have you checked to see if your valve stem cores are tight? Are your valve stems, actually TPMS sensors? If so, are the retaining nuts snug? Just in case, are there any nails/screws in the tires?
Old 10-21-2014, 11:43 AM
SmileyOr
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I learned recently that the coatings on the wheels can deteriorate causing a loss of seal. I have a spot on my left front that should be repaired to prevent the blistering from spreading out under the area of the bead that seals the tire.

Maybe check your rims for damage or wear.

Get notified of new replies

To Realistic mileage

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Realistic mileage