Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Corvette

Old 04-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Fun One
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Corvette

I have a new 2015 Z06 and the Michelin pilot sport tires have very little grip off the line. Are pilot sport two much better? Is there a better choice than Michelin off the line? So far I am very disappointed with the lack of off-the-line grip of my new car. Other than that, LOVE the car. Moderator, would you please move my inquiry to the Z06 posting.

Last edited by Fun One; 04-08-2015 at 01:05 AM. Reason: more information
Old 04-15-2015, 12:24 PM
3sACROWD
Melting Slicks

Received 440 Likes on 324 Posts

I'm not sure where you live and how many miles you have on your car.

FWIW, my experience with street tires (both motorcycle and car) is that they don't have full traction capability until the tires have between 500 - 1000 miles on them. The release agents from the tire mold and the skin on the tire needs to be worn off.

My Z is two generations older but if the temps are 50 or below, the tires don't have much traction no matter how many miles on them. They break loose easily. Temp outside might be playing into your experience too. You may just need to be patient for a little longer.

On a totally separate note, it is helpful to have your profile filled out (at least with city and state). This helps other forum members figure out what could be factoring into what you're experiencing or be willing to meet with you to discuss your concerns.

Enjoy the new Z!

Last edited by 3sACROWD; 04-15-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Corvette