Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire question for 20" / 19" combo

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Tire question for 20" / 19" combo

Now before I start, I know that I really need to go to an 18" wheel, but having just spent $7k on wheels last year I am working with a 20" wheel right now and trying to make the best of it. Looks are also important to me, and I tend to take it pretty easy on the street. I will ordering an 18" setup for the track here shortly, but I wanted to see guys opinions on a few tires if anyone has experience with them.

I am over 1000rwhp on my C7 and am currently running a 315/30-20 rear wrapped in 888s. I want to get the stickiest tire that will fit for the rear, and the 2 options that I see are the MT ET Street SS http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...tem=ETStreetSS and the Nitto NT555r http://www.nittotire.com/race-tires/...g-radial-tire/.

Does anyone have a comparison between the 888s to the MT ET Street SS and the Nitto NT555r?

I would consider the Nitto NT05r but its a 315/35-20 and I do not think it will fit as it would be too tall.

My second dilemma is that I have a 19" front and thre seems to not be a lot of matching options. The front right now is a 265/35/19 888. Nitto makes a 265/30-19 in the NT555 but the thread pattern is quite different looking, especially from the side. The MT front would have to be a Street Comp in a 245/35-19 but the profile of the tire is totally different. My question is that the 888 and the 555Rr and ET Street SS have similar side profiles, any side affects from running 2 different brands 888s up front and either MTs or Nittos on the back? A friend told me that he once had 2 different bbrands on his car and he was getting an annoying harmonic vibration due to the different compounds.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:38 AM
C6David
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

As for the mismatching tire brands front to rear thats all my car has had since I bought it a year ago. Have done runflats rear with dunlops up front. Street comps out back with dunlops up front. Hoosiers out back with dunlops in front. nankangs in the rear with achillies up front. And all those variations had no issues even up to 170-180mph.

Quick Reply: Tire question for 20" / 19" combo