Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mickey Thompson ET Street SS balancing issues? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:24 AM
CHRIS925
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Mickey Thompson ET Street SS balancing issues? Anyone?

I just picked up some new 305/35/18 Mickey Thompson ET Street SS for my C5 Z06 with stock rims. Ive been hearing that some people have balancing issues when putting these on? Leading to very fast wear? Some ppl have even gotten a refund from Summit with a note written by the person who balances the tires. Is this a rare thing or should i be prepared for a nightmare?? I was hoping to get 7-9k out of these with street driving. Somewhat nervous :/

Any feedback here is appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-11-2016, 07:17 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I have had 3 sets of MT drag radials and they all balanced fine. Tire wear is a direct result of improper or aggressive wheel alignment. Never heard bad balancing can wear out a tire?
Old 06-12-2016, 11:28 AM
CHRIS925
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 95vettski
I have had 3 sets of MT drag radials and they all balanced fine. Tire wear is a direct result of improper or aggressive wheel alignment. Never heard bad balancing can wear out a tire?
Thank you man! So you go get your wheels mounted/balanced (zero it out?) And then get a good alignment? Any special requests i should give when doing any of this? How many miles of street use can i expect out of these bad boys? With little to no burning out of course..
Old 07-14-2016, 01:26 AM
advancivic
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I use to daily on 275/60/15 MickeyThompson et street radials they balanced out alright took a tad bit of weight though and they lasted 6kish for me but I also use to do a lot of digs

Get notified of new replies

To Mickey Thompson ET Street SS balancing issues? Anyone?

Quick Reply: Mickey Thompson ET Street SS balancing issues? Anyone?