Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Size Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 10:12 PM
GlenE
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tire Size Help

Presently, I have BFG KDW's on my 03. Fronts are 275/35-18 and rears are 295/35-19. Worked with TireRack on sizing them. My main need was having the sidewalls as close to the same height, front and rear.

I need to replace them and it seems the 295/35-19 is not too common. If I go down to a 285/35-19 for the rear, I have a lot of choices. What would be a good match for the front?

The car is not tracked or driven overly hard. What would be a good tire to go with? The original Goodyear runflats were terrible, rough riding and noisy. The KDW's are awesome! But guess what, no longer made.

I really like the look of the KDW so would like a somewhat sporty looking tread pattern. Any suggestions on brands and models? Probably stay away from runflats, I know it's a gamble, but, that's why I carry AAA.

Firestone has some nice stuff as well as BFG. Always Michelin and Pirelli. Bridgestone, Yokohama, etc. Any to stay away from?

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:25 PM
GlenE
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For runflats, these look pretty good.

Not inexpensive but may be worth it.

Only size for front are 245/40-18 and rears 285/35-19. They match up sidewall height. Just think the fronts would look really narrow compared to the existing 275/35-18

Quick Reply: Tire Size Help