Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Changes

Old 10-11-2016, 09:56 AM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Changes

I have been looking at the iPhone app which gives me tire pressure ratings on my C7 Z51 Corvette. I am getting changes during the day between 29 PI and 31 PSI. I know this is because of temperature and atmospheric changes, but wonder if I am better to inflate to the rated 30 psi when colder so that it says correct. What are people's thoughts?

Taylor
Old 10-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

Always inflate when the car is coldest after it has been sitting for several hours that way it will never get any lower during colder temps.

I like to do it first thing in the morning before driving it for the day.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:09 PM
itaylorm
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Eff A Ford
Always inflate when the car is coldest after it has been sitting for several hours that way it will never get any lower during colder temps.

I like to do it first thing in the morning before driving it for the day.
Thanks, wouldn't this cause the tires to be overinflated when they warm up? When I drive around a bit and the day gets warmer they end up around 30 PSI
Old 10-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Eff A Ford
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts

That's to be expected. As long as they don't drop too much below the cold pressure on the door placard, you're fine. If you want them to not rise, you could have them filled with nitrogen
The following users liked this post:
itaylorm (10-11-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 07:54 AM
flyeri
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

They will change with nitrogen also. Just sitting with the sun shinning on one side will raise the pressure on that side. If you can service them in the garage or shade when the tires are at at ambient temperature to the # on the door placard you will be good to go. Then just check them every couple of weeks, especially spring and fall as the normal temps are changing.

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Pressure Changes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Changes