Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing Advanced Wheel Locks - Finally Wheel Locks That Really Work!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 10:33 PM
0Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Introducing Advanced Wheel Locks - Finally Wheel Locks That Really Work!

We are proud to make Corvette Forum the place we introduce our brand new wheel locks.

I have been designing parts for the Corvette for years. You might remember me/us from our Quantum cooling ducts and Lambert Automotive Performance Products.

I had big plans and designs for other performance based parts for the Corvette but they were all sidetracked when I arrived at the idea for the wheel locks you see above.

Like many of the things I have designed, the idea came to me out of necessity. I found myself leaving my Corvette places and wondering if the wheels would still be there when I made my way back to it.

Sure, I had wheel locks on it, but we all know they are for the most part a mild deterrent, and not true theft protection.

One particular trip away from the car I came up with the design concept for Advanced Wheel Locks. Many iterations later, through multiple testing and design phases and finally a patent application, here we are.

It is only fitting that the vehicle I designed the locks for be the first community able to purchase them.

Our locks will fit all C5-C7 Corvettes.

Our lock sets are proudly Made in the USA.

They will be made in smaller batches initially as we ramp up production.

For this reason we have decided to make the key patterns in these initial startup batches exclusive to the Corvette Forum. They will never be reproduced.

We are also offering forum members special introductory pricing.

NEW LOWER PRICE

Just enter the coupon code cf2016 at checkout and get our lock set for only $88.

Thanks to our suppliers sharpening their pencils, us producing in much larger batches, and a packaging re-design that is drastically cheaper, we are able to offer the forum members a much lower price.

The $88 forum exclusive price is very near what our wholesale price would be to volume purchasers.

When you think that some members here have purchased two or more sets of traditional wheel locks to deter would be thieves, you end up spending nearly as much for nowhere near the protection our locks offer.

For more information about our wheel locks please visit our website:

https://advancedwheellocks.com

Here are a couple pics I took today of our locks on a C6 Z51 and Grand Sport.

Last edited by Advanced_Wheel_Locks; 10-21-2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: New Lower Price!
Old 10-23-2016, 09:39 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Let me offer a little "constructive advice"........

There are many "locking lugs" on the market, and they all have one thing in common. They ALL are sold in sets of 4, the idea of 1 lock per wheel. Here's my issue with that, based on something my auto insurance agent told me, way back in the mid-1970s.

He had a client who owned a Corvette, and lived in an apartment building. The building had a "carport" for the tenants to park in. The client comes out and gets into his Corvette, fires it up, drives about 20 feet and BOOM, the car is on the ground, all 4 tires jammed up into the wheel wells.

Why?

Because somebody tried to steal his wheels, but the car's owner had "locking lugs" on the car.....BUT there was only one lock per wheel. The demented thieves felt cheated, because they couldn't get the locks off, so they decided to screw with the guy, and removed all of the other lugs, and as we all know, only one lug won't do the job, and in this case, the insurance would up with a BIG repair bill to the car, and the tow truck had one HELL of an ordeal, getting the car off the ground, and to a body shop.

Since then, I've always run with two locking lugs per wheel, so if it ever happens to me, although I can't safely drive the car, at least I can easily get the car on a flatbed, and get it home, undamaged. The only downside, is having to go directly to the manufacturer, to order two sets of lockers, in order to have all the locks with the same "lock pattern".

Therefore, after all that, why don't the lock manufacturers sell their locks in sets of eight?
Old 10-23-2016, 12:53 PM
0Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Former Vendor

That's a great point. We can certainly make a set of 8 an option.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:51 PM
The Chev
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

To that point, my truck has cheap ARE wheels on it and a set of 20 locking lug nuts. Your locks look truly novel, but they look weird next to a more traditional lug........ and I wonder about the balance even. I think aesthetically it needs a complete set of lugs to look like they are in place.

I realize this may be of concern, since I bought my set of 20 locking lug nuts for ~$50, but quantity brings the price down!?!
Old 11-19-2016, 02:55 PM
0Advanced_Wheel_Locks
Former Vendor

We do understand some may not prefer the look. But they do indeed work. The form is following the function. It is more than a novelty.

As to the price they are all currently 100% CNC machined here in the USA. As of the moment there is no cheaper way to make them because of the unique shape.

We are working on a cover for the nuts so that someone that prefers the traditional look can retain it.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:23 PM
REKCUF
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Do you offer them in black?

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing Advanced Wheel Locks - Finally Wheel Locks That Really Work!

Quick Reply: Introducing Advanced Wheel Locks - Finally Wheel Locks That Really Work!