Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Thanks To Tire Rack! 5 Star Service.

Old 10-30-2016, 03:09 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Default Big Thanks To Tire Rack! 5 Star Service.

I have bought tires from them from time to time and always been happy with the quality and service I have received.

I bought a set of Michelins for my wifes SUV about a year ago, they were on special for $165+- each so bought the set and had them shipped. Lately I had noticed a very slight leak in one of them only lost a couple pounds a week so yesterday I was working in the shop and decided to pull it off and run it up to local tire shop that had done the install. Took them a while to find it, the tech said it looked like an ice pick type of hole, very small but was right on the edge of the tread and the sidewall and they could not repair it. Gave me a quote of $240 plus tax, mounting etc. I figured well they found it for me so I'll just plug it and call it good, but it's Miss Karens ride and I always put her safety first.

When I got home I thought I'd look up my receipt to see if I had had the presents of mind to buy road hazard insurance when I bought the tires and as luck would have it I could not find the reciept. Hell, it's worth a call right? Got right through to customer service and just by their caller ID they had my orders up in no time, the good news is when you buy tires from TR they INCLUDE road hazard at no charge!

I was put right through to the folks that handle the road hazard stuff for them and the customers service lady called the place that had found the hole to see if it could be repaired and was told it could not. She immediately told me the policy is to reimburse me for the full price I had paid for it originally and would also pay shipping if I bought it from TR I do have to pay to have it mounted and balanced but hey it's more than a fair deal.

So I check TR site to see that I must have gotten a smoking deal when I bought them for $165 each as now the sale price was $220 plus shipping, about $30, but still better than having to pay the full shot for a new one.

So I call in to make the order and told the rep my story she said hang on for a minute when she got back on the line she said, Capt. Van we would like to accommodate you this one time and sell you the replacement at the same price you paid for the original. Damn, now how do you like that for customer service?

I rate Tire Rack a 5 out of 5 all day long.

Capt. Van

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big Thanks To Tire Rack! 5 Star Service.