Wheels & Tires Corvette Wheel & Tire Sizing Info, Staggered Fitment, Tread Compound, Tire Pressure, size option
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info on OE Wheel Distributors ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 09:19 AM
joalyons
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any info on OE Wheel Distributors ?

Anyone ever purchase wheels from?

O. E. WHEEL DISTRIBUTORS, LLC.
SARASOTA, FL.

They sell ZR-1 style wheels on E-bay at what appears to be a good price
Old 03-31-2003, 11:02 PM
Vette Threat
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Re: Any info on OE Wheel Distributors ? (joalyons)

Yeah, I was wondering about the same thing. Cheaper than AFS but any good?
Old 04-01-2003, 09:52 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

What name do they sell under at ebay?? I did a search on "O.E. Wheel Distributors" and nothing showed up :confused: Do they use some different userid?
Old 04-01-2003, 10:07 PM
joalyons
Racer

OK they sell under "Moore9911" and they have over 2000 comments. Has anyone purchased wheels from them?

Old 04-02-2003, 06:17 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I just ordered a set of 4 17x11 Silver Paint ZR1 5 spokes in the 50mm offset for autocross. I'll let you know if they work or not. Ordered my tires from Discount tire at 315/35/17 for $200 each mounted and balanced.

So long as I am classed in BSP because of my mods I might as well run the widest tires I can afford. Might do the 335/35 next time.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:41 PM
BLKTA
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

I got my rims from them. best price I could find and excellent rims made by Detroit Wheel. For an additional $19 i got the chrome valve stems, lugs and lock nuts. :cheers:
Old 04-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Re: Any info on OE Wheel Distributors ? (BLKTA)

An update on my earlier posting.

WARNING ABOUT ORDERING WHEELS FROM OE WHEELS Distributors from Sarasota, FL.

Here’s how the deal went down and went very south: I wanted new 17x11 inch ZR1 wheels for my vette to do autoXing events. While surfing Ebay, I came across an ad MOORE9911, for a set of four wheels for a very reasonable price. The toll free number was listed on the site so I called them and asked about the price for four 17x11 ZR1 five spokes in 50mm offset. They asked chrome or silver. I stated silver since I was going to go racing and didn’t see the point in getting chrome. They asked for my number and said they would get back to me. I received the quote on my answering machine and called them the next day to place my order for FOUR (4) 17x11 ZR1 Silver 50mm offset wheels. The cost was 670.00 plus 80.00 shipping. After about a week or so, I get the wheels dropped off by UPS. Upon inspection I discover that I don’t have 4 silver wheels as ordered, but only 1. The other 3 are chrome instead.
The next day, I called OEWD and stated that there was a problem with my order. I was shipped 3 chrome wheels and 1 silver wheel instead of the 4 silver wheels that I ordered. They looked up my order and then stated that I would need to return the 3 chrome wheels and they would ship out the 3 silver wheels right away and they would be there in about a week. Under normal circumstances this would be fine. But, unfortunately for me, this isn’t that time. I stated that that would not be sufficient because I have an autoX event to attend in two days and I can’t miss it because of year-end championship points. I asked them to overnight them to me since it was after all their error by shipping me what I didn’t want. Chris (the same person who took my order) said hold on for a minute. When he came back on he reiterated what was previously stated about one week (5 business days). If I wanted them any sooner I would have to pay for it. No way I said. He then asked me what I wanted to do. Wanting more time to think about this whole deal, I said let me think about it and would call him back in 30 minutes because I was at work.
I called Chris back and stated that I wasn’t willing to miss the autoX event and already had an appointment to have my race tires mounted. I told him never mind about the screw up and that I would just keep the wheels as is and deal with it in my own timeframe. I said I would pay to have the fourth wheel chromed so that they matched. He stated that that was fine and asked if I needed anything else to be satisfied. I said no and hung up. It should have ended there.
Not so. I come home and on my answering machine is a message from OE Wheels. It is Mr. Jim Moore and he states that I would need to return the 3 chrome wheels in exchange for the 3 silver wheels or make an adjustment to the order. I couldn’t call them back that day because of the time zone difference.
The next day I call and talk to Chris once again and ask him what was up. I restated the whole story once again and reiterated that the whole screw up was their fault and now I would be getting screwed over because of this. He wasn’t sympathetic nor did OEWD make any further attempts to “make me happy” and he hung by the party line about my having to return the wheels or they would charge me for the chrome ones. I told him that their customer service sucked and hung up.
After calming down a bit, I later called once again and asked to speak to Jim Moore. Chris said he was out of the office and so he took a message for Jim to call me back at his earliest convenience. The call was never returned, this was on Friday early afternoon. I have since, not made any further attempts to call these people either. It gets worse.
Yesterday, while reviewing my account information online, what do I see. An additional charge of $230.00. from OE Wheels. This additional charge was initiated on the 17th and posted on the 21st. I called these azzholes on the 17th to inform them of the problem!! They didn’t even wait to see if we were going to resolve this issue, but I am charged the extra money. AND AT NO TIME WAS I INFORMED THAT THIS HAPPENED!! No calls, nothing…..BS on that. I just called my card carrier and am taking matters a little further by protesting the extra charge. I doubt I will get my money back so I am going to post this here and if I can prevent them from getting at least one sale, then fine.
I will never again do business with these engrates. Nor will I recommend them to anybody. STAY AWAY FROM OE WHEELS Distributors. You can get these same wheels from any retailer that deals in Detroit Wheels. I have searched the web and found numerous other dealers for them, trust me.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:55 AM
84number2083
Pro

I have documented this on another thread but heres my situation. I ordered silver ZR-1 rims from them a month ago. After 10 business days and no rims I called. Their computer system had crashed and they couldn't track my order. So...I called the next day, same thing. I called the next day and got to talk to the owner. He checked with their supplier since they were out of stock and they were going to have their supplier drop ship them directly to me, but I should have had them by then. The owner told me that he would check and promised to call me back that day. He said he would credit me the cost of the lugs ($46.00...and he did) and he would upgrade me to polished rims at no cost if he couldn't get this resolved that day. The end of the day neared and no call so I called him and he said they were putting together a set of polished rims and were sending them to me that night. I am now tracking them at UPS and crossing my fingers that what I get is what he said I'd get. There were no chrome valve stems with my lugs (as advertised) which I recieved separately and they promised to put them in with the rims. We'll see.....either way, I will be letting everyone here know what happens once the rims get here.

Get notified of new replies

To Any info on OE Wheel Distributors ?

Quick Reply: Any info on OE Wheel Distributors ?