7 Reasons to Pick an Automatic Corvette Over a Manual
If you’re diehard purist, I know what you’re thinking — this post is about to dismiss one of the most authentic appeals of the Corvette with some lazy write-up about how manual transmission have run their course.
That headline would probably lead some to believe that’s the intention. I, on the other hand, look at it more as an objective analysis. After all, even if you’re a diehard fan of manual Corvettes and contend that you’d never drive anything else, you can’t deny some of the conveniences that come with an automatic transmission.
DON’T MISS: 7 Reasons to Pick a Manual Corvette Over an Automatic
Take, for example, the seven listed below:
1. If you live in a major city, stop-and-go traffic can be a monster in a manual Corvette.
2. Unlike years past, the thrill of driving a C7 equipped with Chevy’s new eight-speed automatic transmission can be as thrilling as a manual Corvette. It’s a pretty amazing engineering feat to experience first hand, if you haven’t done so yet.
3. It makes it a lot easier to share the experience of driving a Corvette with family and friends.
4. Because even though we shouldn’t, we often find ourselves doing a lot of other things while driving, which makes driving an automatic safer, since we can pay more attention to the road.
5. If opting for a new Corvette, an automatic enables you to use the time you’d typically spend on shifting to appreciate some of the other great performance features of the car.
6. Chances are, if you decide to pass the Corvette down to a younger son or daughter, they WON’T have any interest in driving it if it’s a manual. It’s just a brutal reality these days.
7. Finally, because you no longer feel like an outsider buying an automatic Corvette, given that so many people these days are buying automatic models.