5 Things You Need to Know About Jeb Bush’s $75 Million Corvette
If you’ve been somewhat confused by reports of Jeb Bush having a $75 million Corvette, just know that you’re not the only one.
The headline I stumbled across on the site TheNewsWheel, which reads “Celebrity Rides: Jeb Bush’s $75 Million Corvette,” had me clicking quicker than the new Z06’s 0 – 60 time.
But let me help to clear up five things about what sounds like one of the most expensive Corvettes ever…
1. It’s not a car, it’s a tanker (which looks like the one pictured below) used by a company called BH Logistics, where the potential Republican presidential candidate now serves as chairman.
2. Bush’s Corvette is much more eco-friendly than other vessels in its segment, which I guess makes it a little like the C7, which is pretty fuel efficient itself, especially for a world class sports car.
3. The presidential hopeful’s new ride is blue, which actually falls lower on the list of popular colors for the C7, according to Chevy.
4. Bush’s Corvette isn’t even named after the car. Instead, it’s named after warships called Corvettes, which is what Myron Scott originally named the car after in the first place.
5. Bush’s Corvette isn’t even the most expensive vehicle in its class. One of those warships the vessel is named after was priced at $700 million in 2012, according to a Time.com report.
Hopefully that helps put your minds at ease that we won’t be seeing $75 million Corvettes at a Barrett-Jackson event any time soon.
Chime in with your thoughts on the forum. >>
via [TheNewsWheel.com, Bloomberg Politics]