Man and Dog Die in Corvette After Being Trapped Inside

By -

Man & Dog

We’ve heard of some pretty alarming stories about people being locked inside a Corvette, unable to get out as a result of the electric doors, but none as sad as this one.

A 72-year-old Texas man and his dog were found unresponsive in a 2007 Corvette parked at a Port Arthur restaurant on Monday afternoon. Apparently, when the car’s battery cable came loose, the man was unable to manually unlock the doors.

635695205897933825-vette-death-00

After a person who found the man was unable to get the door open, the fire department was called, but they were unable to immediately get the door open either, according to a KAGS news report. When authorities finally managed to get the Corvette door open, the man, identified as James Rogers, and his dog were found dead inside. Officials say the cause of death was likely due to the heat.

As many probably know here at Corvette Forum, Corvettes also have a handle next to each seat to force the electric doors open in an emergency such as a dead battery. But sadly, it appears there might be a lot more people out there who aren’t aware of the safety lever in Corvettes.

This video shows you how to enter and exit your Corvette in the event of a battery failure or disconnection.

Chime in with your thoughts on the forum. >>

via [KAGSTV]

Comments ()