New aFe Intake System Gives Z06 Extra Boost
Looking to get a little more power out of your new Z06? Then you’ll probably want to give this some consideration.
aFe POWER (advanced FLOW engineering) is gearing up to start shipping the aFe POWER Momentum Intake System for the Z06 in April. The company says it has produced dyno results that have shown an increase of 46 HP and 39 lbs. x ft. of torque with the Pro 5R filter media.
According to a Corvette Forum thread started by the company, their test car put out “601.7 HP and 604.0 lbs. x ft of torque with just the intake on stock tuning” on their in-house DynoJet.
Here are a few more data points below:
– Improved Horsepower & Torque – Improved Throttle Response
– Sealed Intake Design – Roto-Molded Tube w/Premium Hardware
– Massive Cone Air Filter w/7″ Oval Flange and 9-1/2″ Tall
– One-Piece Sealed Housing w/Clear Sight Window
– Direct Bolt-On – No Cutting or Drilling – 30 Minute Install
– No Tuning Needed
The MSRP for the Intake System is $714, or you can buy it direct for $600.95 with a special package being offered for Corvette Forum members in the thread.
Chime in with your thoughts on the forum. >>
via [aFe Power]