SEMA News: Chevy considers making 2015 Corvette Z06 parts available
If you’ve been dreaming about some of those higher-performance features on the new Corvette Z06, but you’ve been thinking the cost of the car might be way out of your price range, then you’ll really welcome this bit of SEMA news.
Chevy is showcasing a gang of parts pulled from the fastest production Corvette ever at the Las Vegas show ranging from the Z06’s stabilizer bars to the car’s carbon underbody braces that are 17-percent lighter than the Stingray’s aluminum braces.
At this point, the parts are being shown strictly as “concepts”, but I’m betting plans to make some of them available are already in the works. Check out the full list of parts below.
- Z06 stabilizer bars, control arms and the Z06’s unique composite transverse leaf spring
- Unique Bilstein shocks, tuned to match the chassis components of the Z06
- Z06 front and rear brakes (steel rotors) – featuring Brembo aluminum six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers; and 14.6-inch-diameter front rotors and 14.4-inch rear rotors
- Z06 front and rear brakes (carbon ceramic rotors) – the brakes from the Z06’s available Z07 package include 15.5-inch carbon ceramic matrix front rotors and 15.3-inch carbon rear rotors
- Z06 front brake ducts
- Z06 600-watt electric radiator fan for superior cooling capability
- Z06 front grille, which offers 17-percent greater airflow than the grille on the Stingray with the Z51 package – and it includes inlets that match the Z06 front brake ducts
- Z06 rear transmission oil cooler – a larger cooler assembly that replaces the one used on the Stingray’s Z51 package for about 15-percent more cooling capacity
- Z06 front auxiliary transmission cooler that essentially doubles the overall cooling capacity
- Z06 rear quarter-panel vents that provide approximately 25-percent greater airflow than the Z51 vents at track speed
- Z06 carbon fiber torque tube that is about 13.2 pounds lighter than the Stingray’s torque tube
- Z06 drive shaft couplers that are designed to stand up to higher exhaust heat than the Stingray and Z51 couplers
- Z06 carbon fiber underbody braces are 17-percent lighter than the Stingray’s aluminum braces, while offering comparable stiffness
- Z06 high-wing rear spoiler with wicker, based on the available carbon fiber aero package.