Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Still no airbag sensors anywhere

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 03:32 PM
kahite222
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still no airbag sensors anywhere

I am still trying to find out why there are no air bag sensors available for a 2012 Corvette, ANYWHERE in the country. I just got off of the phone with a senior case file manager at GM and was told there are none available but she does not know why or when replacements will be available. Yes, I read the replies about having a second opinion, which has been done, and going to a bone yard for one. I want a new one. And I would like to know what why this important sensor is not available. Does that not seem strange? And why can't anyone give a better answer to the problem than, "I can't seem to find an answer as to why there are none available in the country." I hope no one else has a problem with an airbag in the "near" future. Somewhere at GM, Tadge, somebody has to have a better answer. I have been trying for 6 days to find out.

I was told by a senior advisor at GM that they would be back to me in 2 work days with an answer. That was Friday. I did not hear by last Wednesday. I called back. Got no resonse on Wedneasday. I called back again today, Thursday and finally got a call back. The answer, "No one seems to know why the sensors are not available". Doesn't this scenerio sound wrong in some way, form or shape???

Last edited by kahite222; 02-19-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: addition

Quick Reply: Still no airbag sensors anywhere