Read Me First: Guidelines for "Ask Tadge" - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Ask Tadge > Ask Tadge
Reload this Page >

Read Me First: Guidelines for "Ask Tadge"

Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

Read Me First: Guidelines for "Ask Tadge"

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 10:27 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,306 Times in 378 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator
Default Read Me First: Guidelines for "Ask Tadge"

Hey gang -

I'm happy to see the enthusiastic support and participation for Corvette Forum's new section Ask Tadge. This post should serve as a quick set of rules and guidelines to follow when submitting your question for consideration. Bear in mind that Tadge has said anything's open. But in the interest of the Corvette Forum in general, we'd like to gently nudge folks in the right direction.

Before I get into the guidelines, a small editorial. Tadge is an engineer first and foremost. He likes techie and geeky questions, ones that might challenge him (or his team) technically. Remember that his team designs and builds cars, they don't set policies internally at GM. So keep that in mind when you're considering your question.

Guidelines, Suggestions, and Rules
  • Avoid Generation-specific Troubleshooting Questions - There is a wealth of knowledge here on the forum within each generation sub-section. Odds are really good that if you have an issue with your car and neither you nor your mechanic can figure it out, someone else here has. It would serve you much better to ask your question in the correct generation's section of the forum instead of here, because you're far more likely to get an answer immediately. Further, remember that Tadge has been on the Corvette program since the C5; questions specific to C4 and earlier may be something he can't even answer. Also bear in mind that the most-discussed questions will be the ones that make the poll at the end of the week. Troubleshooting and generational-specific questions will very likely get little to no thread traffic.
  • Obvious Trolls are Obvious - If you're here to troll the Corvette VLE (or anyone else), look elsewhere to ply your trouble-making skills.
  • Ask Questions, Don't Pontificate - The Corvette team values your feedback regarding the cars, but this isn't the avenue for that feedback. If you have an opinion regarding the latest and greatest Corvette, save it for the appropriate feedback venues. We're using this section to Ask Tadge Corvette questions.
  • Think About Your Question - Are you asking something that Tadge can answer? Put yourself in his shoes and act as if you've just been asked that question. Could you answer it? Or would it put your job in jeopardy because you've given away corporate secrets?

Every other Sunday, I'll put together a poll of the top most-discussed topics which will close the following Sunday. It's up to the user base to decide which questions will make the poll, and you do that via open discussions within the question threads. The question that wins the poll will be submitted to Tadge for an answer. Once submitted, that thread will be temporarily turned into a Sticky, and the word [ASKED] will be inserted in the subject line. When Tadge answers the question, I'll un-sticky the question thread and then start a new sticky thread with the original subject line and [ANSWERED].

All submitted questions and their answers are also listed in this thread.

Hopefully none of these guidelines are terribly shocking or difficult to understand. We really want this idea and interaction with Tadge to succeed because it's a rare opportunity, one that no other manufacturer or car-related forum can boast about. All we ask is that you do your part and help us make this work.

Thanks!

Last edited by jvp; 06-02-2015 at 07:55 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jvp For This Useful Post:
1955ronaz (04-19-2016), KennyG MacMulkin (09-12-2017), Nexxussian (09-26-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 10:17 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 1,306 Times in 378 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Facilitator
Default Not Permitted: Threats of Lawsuits or Other Legal Actions

Hey folks -

I understand certain topics can get folks a bit heated and excited, and I respect the frustration that some may feel about them. However, we're absolutely NOT going to use "Ask Tadge" as a vehicle to threaten GM, or any other vendor, with legal action.

Starting today: 8 March, 2017, any post or thread that appears here in "Ask Tadge" that even remotely mentions legal action against another entity will be deleted without further warning. This is your only warning. If individuals persist in continually posting such things, I'll look into banning them from this section of the forum completely.

Please don't make me do that.
Closed Thread