Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.
View Poll Results: Which Question Should Tadge Answer?
C6 Z06 Question for Tadge
38.03%
GM Encouragement for C5 Aftermarket Parts
58.69%
Nurburgring and the C7 Z06
2.90%
Which Oil for C6Z LS7 Motor
0.39%
Golf Clubs and (C7) Convertible
0%
Voters: 518. You may not vote on this poll

Ask Tadge Poll: Week Ending 30 Jan, 2015

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 09:16 PM
rsl2715
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 85 Posts

C-5 vote.r
Old 01-31-2015, 10:22 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

voted
I'd like to see an answer to my check air bag light.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:14 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Voted
Old 01-31-2015, 11:39 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDANZ06
Here is my reply to Howie in another thread, my apologies to JVP, I thought he deleted my reply, wrong thread.

So if one of you guys want to take over, I am done:

I am done with this, after this reply from the guy running the ask Tadge:

I hate to see this run off course as the OP of the C5 question...

And with that, I am done trying to help the C6 Z06 question, someone else can run with it, I have invested a lot of time and energy into this subject and have much better things in life to focus on
As the OP of the C5 question, I hate to see this run off course ...AZDANZ06,I will vote for the C6Z06 next week if our question makes it this week....I would ask for your support if it is the Z06 this week.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,289 Likes on 13,964 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Whichever way the poll goes (C5 or C6), both questions are deserving of an answer and of GM's attention. Will be really interesting to see what kind of response the winning question gets.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:23 AM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by pewter99
you guys are wasting your time....I have a 99 as well but the truth is they only have an obligation to make parts for 10 years and that ship has sailed
From our own home page....https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...lds-lot-power/if we speak we may be heard. Others may judge the future Corvette based on the past....we should all be taken care of.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:24 AM
dannyman
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdvann
As the OP of the C5 question, I hate to see this run off course ...AZDANZ06,I will vote for the C6Z06 next week if our question makes it this week....I would ask for your support if it is the Z06 this week.
You Sir, are a gentleman!

I'll see your vote next week and raise you one!

Dannyman
Old 02-01-2015, 08:30 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

GM Encouragement for C5 Aftermarket Parts...here here...
Old 02-01-2015, 08:45 AM
1Sikstik
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

voted
Old 02-01-2015, 01:11 PM
dannyman
Melting Slicks

(JVP) Jason,

I'm curious; does Tadge actually see this process or does he only receive the question presented to him on a weekly basis?

He needs to see this process as we have; to appreciate the level of concern for these topics. He needs to be aware of the passion we all have from the C1 through to the C7, to be aware of how many owners are repeat owners and graduate from one series to the next, to feel our level of commitment to the Corvette in general and understand that we are his captive audience.

Very few things match the satisfaction of taking the Vette for a drive. Hands down; the car is a smile generator!

This weeks' fight between the C5 and C6 communities to get their question addressed first should provide evidence of our commitment to the brand! We already know this.

Both of these questions will ultimately be presented; regardless of the order they are presented. The central point of the question is going to be what degree of answer is received from Tadge.

Thanks for this process!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by dannyman
(JVP) Jason,

I'm curious; does Tadge actually see this process or does he only receive the question presented to him on a weekly basis?

He needs to see this process as we have; to appreciate the level of concern for these topics. He needs to be aware of the passion we all have from the C1 through to the C7, to be aware of how many owners are repeat owners and graduate from one series to the next, to feel our level of commitment to the Corvette in general and understand that we are his captive audience.

Very few things match the satisfaction of taking the Vette for a drive. Hands down; the car is a smile generator!

This weeks' fight between the C5 and C6 communities to get their question addressed first should provide evidence of our commitment to the brand! We already know this.

Both of these questions will ultimately be presented; regardless of the order they are presented. The central point of the question is going to be what degree of answer is received from Tadge.

Thanks for this process!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

(JVP) Jason,

Thanks for this process!
I have a C7 on order, but probably would have purchased a used C6 Z06 some time ago, IF it wasn't for the head issue. I can't justify parting with that much of my hard earned money to take the chance on a $15k engine coming apart. I had considered purchasing one and having the heads checked, but when I SAW the C7, that idea went out the window. Especially since my Vette is a daily driver. Going to try a new one and pay it off under warranty.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
FrankLP
Miles of Smiles
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 365 Posts
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist

I'm in for the C5 camp!!!!!

Dannyman
Same here!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:58 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Just wanted to say, I voted yesterday, and I see the C5 question is ahead in the poll. Just wondering how serious this will be taken, and I am also concerned with the 7liter valve problem, lots of my friends have them, and spent money on prevention.
If there is a response, will it be posted in this thread?
Old 02-01-2015, 02:02 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

I'm curious; does Tadge actually see this process or does he only receive the question presented to him on a weekly basis?!
No, he doesn't. He doesn't have a CF login and he doesn't surf here. Basically: he just doesn't have the time. He and the rest of the Corvette Engineering team are working 25 hour days in 24 hours. Surfing forums isn't something they have time to do.

He sees the resulting email from me and that's it, as described in a couple of the other sticky threads. His response is emailed to me and I post it, word for word.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:05 PM
dannyman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jvp
No, he doesn't. He doesn't have a CF login and he doesn't surf here. Basically: he just doesn't have the time. He and the rest of the Corvette Engineering team are working 25 hour days in 24 hours. Surfing forums isn't something they have time to do.

He sees the resulting email from me and that's it, as described in a couple of the other sticky threads. His response is emailed to me and I post it, word for word.
Then; that my friend, is unfortunate. Isn't it?
Old 02-01-2015, 02:05 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jvp

Not sure what may ever come of this, but I am very appreciative of the Corvette Forum for giving us a voice that otherwise would only echo in the halls of C5 General...

Get notified of new replies

To Ask Tadge Poll: Week Ending 30 Jan, 2015

Old 02-01-2015, 02:30 PM
dannyman
Melting Slicks

I also am very appreciative of the efforts put forth by JVP and Tadge and whoever else was directly involved in opening up this line of communication.

KUDOS

And now we anxiously await answers.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:50 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

I think with 10 minutes to go, it's pretty obvious which question is going to win. Poll's closed a bit early and the question has been sent.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Jason900rr
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

It's looking like more and more this question isn't gonna get sent or answered. THERES NO WAY that C5 owners from 98-00 for a break module is out polling, let's see 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13,that's 2yrs of people with C5 outpolling people with LS7 head issues that can cause catastrophic engine failure!?! RIIIIIIIIGHT!!! When I had a C5Z I didn't even know about a break module issue BUT did know about the head issue with the C6Z's. Something is smelling fishy here!?! Is someone afraid to send this question to GM? We need a backing like the forum to have this sent otherwise I don't think they take this seriously. The only other option is everyone get the persons email from GM, post it, and all of us LS7 owners on a given day flood his email with all our issues and ask for some sort of explanation or what is being done to address this issue!

Quick Reply: Ask Tadge Poll: Week Ending 30 Jan, 2015