Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

M7 popping out of gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 02:39 AM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Default M7 popping out of gear

Many of M7 owners are reporting their gearbox popping out of gear at any speed which can potentially be a safety issue!

Has that been corrected or under investigation? Is the rubber band that some pictures of shifter are showing for anything in that problem?

Many thanks

Phil
Old 04-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Not because I talked about it, but really believe this one to be a potential SAFETY issue and should be taken more importantly that design feature...

Just my 2 cent

;-)
Old 04-15-2015, 12:29 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Fastmikefree
Not because I talked about it, but really believe this one to be a potential SAFETY issue and should be taken more importantly that design feature...

Just my 2 cent

;-)
That's a fair point. I personally don't understand why so many questions get asked that have no real affect on anything with current models. such as design philosophy, or what would more money buy, etc. I think it is more important that we ask questions regarding common issues that a large group of owners are currently experiencing. I would have voted for your question myself, but at the time being, I am not experiencing the M7 gear popout. I AM however experiencing my car spewing excessive oil into my catch can (which could have been in my intake) and I want to know if they are at least working on this issue or not. If that questions ends up being the one to get asked, then I would vote for yours next.

Ant
Old 04-16-2015, 01:48 AM
Fastmikefree
Pro

Originally Posted by FYREANT
That's a fair point. I personally don't understand why so many questions get asked that have no real affect on anything with current models. such as design philosophy, or what would more money buy, etc. I think it is more important that we ask questions regarding common issues that a large group of owners are currently experiencing. I would have voted for your question myself, but at the time being, I am not experiencing the M7 gear popout. I AM however experiencing my car spewing excessive oil into my catch can (which could have been in my intake) and I want to know if they are at least working on this issue or not. If that questions ends up being the one to get asked, then I would vote for yours next.

Ant
Hi Ant

sorry to hear about your problem. Hope it will get solved quickly. I thought that was resolved with the 500 miles oil initial replacement but it looks not...

Take care

Phil
Old 05-18-2015, 02:38 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Great question Phil, I will vote for this if it makes it to the poll again. It looks like you have many members interested.

The severity of the popping out varies by the vehicle. Mine only popped out of gear at under 10 miles an hour so far, except once at 20mph or so and it sounded like something broke in the car.

I don't know if you've seen the one thread where a member was given a full shift fork and gear replacement from his dealer. He reported no popping out after that.

Get notified of new replies

To M7 popping out of gear

Quick Reply: M7 popping out of gear