Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

[ANSWERED] PDR Video: Why is color balance and contrast so bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

The color balance is still not very good either.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:49 PM
2DLIMIT
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sure there is a clique of control at GM who has calculated that if they can get 12 hours of video (over compressed or not) from a 32Gb SD chip, That they will only need to change the chip "Once" when they race the 24 hours of Le Mans.

There is much about the PDR application that is excellent work: The overlaid graphics that show the G-force, Speed, RPM, Gear, Brake & Gas pedals, and location on the track. And when you want to analyze your saved data, the CosWorth Toolbox (GM) is a very sophisticated and useful piece of software.

It would seem that someone at GM is a holdout to advancing PDR to a clearly, and sharply defined useful image. My eyes are tired enough trying to write this unnecessary post, I shouldn't have to pay GM to make my very expensive auto imagery blurry! And it should start when you press START, and stop when you press the START button again to turn the vehicle OFF.

People have changed brands for less!

Regards, Greg

Last edited by 2DLIMIT; 03-24-2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Had to be said!
Old 05-04-2016, 11:02 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,125 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by player0ne
"Here are some actual images comparing the original and new calibration"

Looking at the edges of the image where the tree branches, hedges, park bench, vignette, etc are, I would say that is a digitally manipulated version of the original image with corrected color. Perhaps they applied the adjustment values they're calibrating the cameras at to the image?

Unless they performed the upgrade right there in the road without moving the car an inch, that's an approximation of what the adjustment will reflect and not actual before & after photographs.

I'm looking forward to seeing the actual product.

Edit: dutifully retracted after spotting moved shadows, people, car, telemetry, etc. derp.
I just want to know how they are not at 0G with 0 speed and 0 throttle.

Last edited by CP; 05-04-2016 at 11:02 PM.

Quick Reply: [ANSWERED] PDR Video: Why is color balance and contrast so bad?