Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Tadge: has modern tech caused more harm than good

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 04:32 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Tadge: has modern tech caused more harm than good

Over time tech has progressed so rapidly these cars can do amazing things

However so many faults with the later vettes, most electronically related

Have you ever heard GM whisper about less is more in the name of reduced warranty claims or reliablility aspects

Say for instance the electronically controlled trans, "modules that talk to others", expensive "systems" over parts replacement
I will be bold and say many potential buyers dont bite as they want to own their car forever but wont due to worry about repairs.

Mfr cost and buy in would be less I think increasing your purchase audience. Not everyone can afford a 40-60k car
I believe GM has the tech to help get the CAFE and EPA approval with simpler electronics but what do I know...simple layman

These cars are amazing but so complex not many can fix em

What are your thoughts or opinions on GM going the opposite direction? Old is new, meet in the middle type deal

Simpler electronics, less overhead, bringing another group of buyers to the table. Many of us out there. I do not like the look at all of the C7....parts of the Camaro but if they were "dumb" enough I would consider.

Thoughts?

Last edited by cv67; 03-27-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Tadge: has modern tech caused more harm than good