Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

C-7 Lower black body panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 11:04 PM
JW Gears
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C-7 Lower black body panel

I know it is opinion, but I do not care for the black rear panel on some C-7's. Just a suggestion, but why couldn't there be an option to have the lower rear panel painted the same color as the rest of the car. We already have the option to have all body vents painted either Shark Gray or the color of the Corvette. Being an option, what is the worst that could happen? Another creative way for owners to make their Corvettes unique, not to mention the additional $$ for Chevrolet and Corvette. This could also be part of the evolution in the appearance of the Corvette.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:45 PM
The Big Guy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by JW Gears
I know it is opinion, but I do not care for the black rear panel on some C-7's. Just a suggestion, but why couldn't there be an option to have the lower rear panel painted the same color as the rest of the car. We already have the option to have all body vents painted either Shark Gray or the color of the Corvette. Being an option, what is the worst that could happen? Another creative way for owners to make their Corvettes unique, not to mention the additional $$ for Chevrolet and Corvette. This could also be part of the evolution in the appearance of the Corvette.
Please note that the 2014 Detroit Auto Show Display Corvettes rear body panels where painted to match he exterior body colors.
Why the change to production models ?
Please don't use the old cost savings bit regarding a premier cost production Car !

Quick Reply: C-7 Lower black body panel