Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

Should I buy a Z06?

Old 06-15-2015, 09:35 PM
FitFam
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Should I buy a Z06?

I am a big fan of the new C7 and Z06. That said I have reservations about taking the Z06 I have on order. Car and Driver did a long term test with a C7 and had many problems which include an engine replacement. Many here in this forum are dealing with heat issues. I read about a another blown motor and others having some other small issues. Read an article about a 2014 C7 that overheated running up a mountain. This does not inspire one to spend 100K+ on a car. There seems to be a lot of people dealing with issues with this new Gen of cars. I don't see similar issues with new Dodge Hellcat. I know many will argue that those owners are not tracking that car. But everyday guys are dealing with heat issues. Tuners are commenting that these cars run hot. Over time heat is going to take its toll on the car.

This could be my first Corvette, I want to know that GM is dealing with these issues, making this car all that it was touted to be. Right now I am driving a Hellcat with zero issues and we all know that car produces heat with the HP it is turning out, but the car I really want is the Z06.

Tadge, is GM going to address and deal with these issues?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:37 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,787 Likes on 1,139 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

I think we need a break from the "overheating" threads in Ask Tadge for the time being. What do you expect him to say that he hasn't already?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I buy a Z06?